Volkswagen Golf MK1

Hello all!

I have been interested in 3D modeling for a while now and after watching some introductory videos this is my first attempt at a 3D model. I looked at Maya and Blender both for a while and ended up choosing Blender. I love everything that Blender offers and fully support open source software.

Anyways here it is. Hopefully this is the first of many more works to come. I know this is no where near perfect and was not meant to be a realistic rendition. Comments and criticisms encouraged!

Software: Blender, Gimp
Render: Cycles 1000 samples (30 min)

I seem to be the only one who uses standard Blender Render with some simple lighting effects. Lol. This model looks perfect and has it’s own unique style to show. Nice job, maybe even add some interior. :slight_smile:

It’s interesting render as it got it’s own style. Kinda comic style! Only gripe is that the background is boring and there is too little space at the bottom. The tire is almost touching the lower border and just looks a bit rushed. The surf board is a nice touch! Hope to see this model in some beach scene. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the comments guys! I agree background is pretty plain but the modeling of the car was my main focus. Learning modeling techniques as I went. A beach scene would be cool! There is a graphic on the surfboard as well when I get some more render up should be able to see it. I’ll have to fix the wheels and fenders at some point!

Not bad! Do you mind if I ask what you used for reference photos? I’m currently modeling a 1988 VW Cabriolet (based on the mk1 Golf), and I’m having a bit of trouble finding detailed blueprints. Just thought I’d pick your brain :slight_smile:

Of course! That’s a cool car too. I almost chose that as my first! I had the same trouble you did with blueprints for the Cab. Do you look on smcars.net?