Hi, I made new addon for smoothing meshes while trying to maintain object shape.
- smooth mesh while maintaining main object shape
- border mesh vertices will slide together with rest of the mesh, to get nice even distribution, or they can be frozen
- mirror modifier aware = center vertices wont move away from symmetry line
- ability to define sliding rail edges (marked as sharp)
- three edge tension methods (Uniform, Proportional to edge length, Inverse to edge length)
- optimized with NUMPY
There are 3 algorithms - some are better in specific cases - eg.
- Infalte smooth works ok for round convex meshes.
- Vol smooth is often best but bit slow
- Laplace smooth is usually ok.
Video with examples how this works soon.