Volume Render in 2.5...

NRK, Tornado, Youtube?

i tried to modify the shape of the flame on the left
by chaning shape inside the cube but does not seems to affect it

how can i make this left end smaller do i have to change the cube or the parciules system may be ?

appreciate any helps

see pic

can you explain what the steps are to create this flames?
i mean like a small PDF or may be a small video 5 10 minutes that we can download quickly

i tried to import the object into another file and i loss the colors but shapes seems about ok

strnage cause i can see the flames color for about 1/2 second before end of render and then it becomes all white!

Thanks

3Point, here’s the video:

http://vimeo.com/12132986

Ricky, reduce the point density particle size and make more points to increase the resolution and your ability to shape the volume.

on which object do you change the density is i the big volume cube
or cloud one?

also how do you change the size do you scale the cloud object in objet mode or edit mode?

which tut is it folloiwng if there is one!
if not it would be nice to have a small PDf jsut to gie the sequence and what to be carefull about !
i’m trying to adapt this to a plane so need to re adjsut sevearl paremters

also it looks like there are 2 ramps here one on the big cube and one on the seoncd texture on cloud object

Thanks

anybody remember the Durian site for fire
which where done with nodes and nice

but can;t find it in forum

cause i re tested theses and are not working in latest built ?

Thanks

NRK thats sooo close, but it does repeat itself as the emittes pass throught he volume texture. Can you move the texture upwards at the same time, like attached to an empty? Sadly I think smoke wins this one.

I actually like this tornado better than the smoke ones. The smoke ones are great for camp fires etc, but if you want the real deal this is the way to go. I will continue to work on it and post up what I have, in the mean time I did a quick tutoria (especially for you Ricky) on how I did it. It has a little more detail on settings etc in it.

http://vimeo.com/12151638

i’d like to see it !

i check out the vid but seems that the process to convert is supposed to take 7 seconds but ends up like it’s gone take 1/2 hour ?

how long should we wait to get the conversion done ?

i saw the other sample on tornado look nice form the rotation point of view
but the top part does not have a large funnel like real one
don’t if possible to do that!

anyway to add a flying cow or a car around the tornado ?LOL

Thanks

Sorry, I’ll have to re upload it this afternoon, I have been working on a new codec scheme and vimeo doesn’t like it, sorry for the delay…

1- tornado
by the way for this tornado can you change the rotation / location of it and make it follow another object

like following the exhaust pipe of an airplane or any other moving object !

2- latest cloud design
is there a vid showng what the latest set up is for the cloud where there is not particules only volume to make it with the 2 other objects?

i did some testing with the muzzle flame sample file one and append it to another file
and seems to work ok
i even remove the middle objects and it is still working but not certain how ?
i mean if you remove the object it should remove everything but it seems it’s not the case
the point density seems to be there even after removing the objects
any idea how this can be?

Thanks

I’m having a bit of trouble the clouds. I tried moving a camera through them for a fly-through animation and as soon as it touched the cloud, the cloud vanished. What am I doing wrong? The settings are pretty much default. Cumulus clouds with the particle button checked.

The first image is fame 49/100. All lovely and working fine.

Second image is frame 50. Camera should enter cloud, but instead the clouds abruptly vanish. The other 50 frames are identical. What’s happening?

Janjy

Attachments

Check the lifetime of the particles. The default is 50 frames.

Very good point John316 (great name by the way) I have never seen that phenomena and I have flown in to many clouds, although a bug in blender isn’t unheard of. Janjy, looking forward to the animation, looks great, love the lighting, please post it when you’re done.

I finally got the tutorial up and going, here’s the link:

http://vimeo.com/12151638

Thanks for this site very helpful.

Thanks! I knew it would be something really obvious. I’m rendering out a new test now. Hopefully, it should work this time.

Janjy

Rendering just frame 51 should tell you.

Well, yes, but I’ve substantially altered the rest of the setup and there are other things I want to test, so I wanted the whole thing.

Incidentally, I’m now getting weird artefacts - bright white circles. They’re always on the same cloud but in different places and not every frame. It’s almost like there’s a stray lamp somewhere, or a rogue piece of geometry, but I’ve checked and there doesn’t seem to be anything there. I can paint them out easily enough, but if anyone has any ideas of why they’re appearing in the first place, I’d be grateful to hear them.

Janjy

Attachments

the tornado video is very interesting
vortex following a curve!

are you planning to add a funnel at the top if possible ?

anyway to download that video
cause in 6 months i wont remember how it works!

may be i can try to make a PDF file for this

Thanks & happy 2.5

It was the particles, but there seems to be a bug which stopped the particle settings properly updating. I extended the lifespan to 200, but the particles still disappeared on frame 50. The only way I could get them to work was to switch each particle system to a different one and then back again. After I did that, the particles remained for the whole animation.

Still no idea what was causing the white circles.

Janjy

with your clouds generator is there a way to scale and how the clouds?

are you going to add to your cloud generator the tornado ?

Thanks