volumetric lighting passing through a stained glass

Just in case someone is interested. After a class of art history when gothic churches with colored glass were mentioned I tried out some quick possibilities with volumetric lighting and that was the initial result. Despite the bad models it’s very promising, isn’t it? :confused:

To replicate that process follow this steps:

• glass shader with mix of transparent and glass shaders (textured);
  • Spot lamp with light falloff node and high strength;
  • world with volume setup;
  • sampling and light path with some adjustments.

Here is the blender file: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/33095

The lighting effect on the wall looks gorgeous, but the actual glass itself looks much too dark. Otherwise, excellent showcase. Would love to see this in a scene!

Oh yes. It’s a initial stage, just to test possibilities.

Very interesting. Nice work!

Thank you ShadowCamero. I intend to apply this effect in a scene I’m doing. I hope get it soon.

Good to see you back blending CC!

I have to almost mimic PSman012 comment… the light reflections look beautiful, but the actual window would also be brightly lit, would it not?

I’m going to take a look at the file you posted tomorrow.

Woah, I just finished art history too and was thinking about doing the same thing! :D, Are you going to make Gothic church? I love those buildings!

There is it, I’ve included a node (for the glow effect of window - translucent node…works just fine).

One more time, I like the fact that you share this with us! I appreciate it Claudio! Looking forward to see some of your works :slight_smile:

Yes Harley, I didn’t pay attention to that. My goal was just on that light effect.
Thank you ferretank, ivydesign and yes, I’m planning to do a scene with this theme.:confused:

The file that was hosted on pasteall is no longer there. Could you repost it or share a screenshot of your setup?

Thanks!