Vonzaku's sketchbook 2.0

I’m starting a new sketchbook containing studies of human figure, head, faces and characters/creatures.

I aim to produce character and creature sculptures.

Criticism is always welcome (I need it).

latest: 31/3/2020

2 Likes

Nice start! My only criticism: you haven´t posted anything new in 2 weeks! :wink:

1 Like

Thank you! I have more to come in a moment funnily enough :slight_smile:

This is just a study in progress. Nothing more.

1 Like

Think I’m done with the study. It was just a quick one.

1 Like

Nice overall proportions, keep it up, keep them coming! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks I certainly will!

Another one I’m working on. Hopefully I’ll get it done tonight. I’ll be focusing on mainly heads and I’ll work on hands too.

3 Likes

Nice one, pay close attention to the thickness of the eyelids and how they wrap around the eye. Select the grab tool, lower the intensity a little and try to adjust your eyelid mesh while focusing on the hard edges of the eyelids trying to copy the shapes in the reference image. (even if you have only one monitor, make sure you can see the reference images at all times. This will help you improve much much much faster):

3 Likes

Wow thanks a lot for that. It’s been really helpful. It’s been difficult to do the eye/eyelid so it’s definite something that needs to be focused on. I’m really grateful for all your feedback.

I’m calling it a day.

Next time I’ll carefully select references and have a definite goal in mind for what I want to study.

3 Likes

I had the most fun with this one. I draw A LOT so I wanted to incorporate as much as my style as I can.
I’d like to start doing hair with curves soon, but its a bit difficult to deal with.

3 Likes

Can you post a drawing of yours so we can have a point of reference? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t have a specific reference for the sculptures on the recent post but I’ll attatch some photos of my work to give you a general idea

3 Likes

Wow, great stuff! Your drawing skills will help your sculpting immensely and vice versa! :slight_smile:

Ok. This was all from scratch. I had no idea how good the snake hook tool actually is. This isn’t exactly a study, more of play and experiment. So it’s not accurate and correct in terms of anatomy among other things. I don’t know much about lighting or texturing yet. I also turned the symmetry off and sculpting is way more fun this way.

3 Likes

1 Like

Another WIP. I want to start focusing on busts for now.

1 Like

1 Like