Vortex Razor HD Gen 2

Hello Everyone!
Hope you’re having a wonderful day. Here is another one of my personal projects added to portfolio.
Enjoyed completing this between work and exams. Fairly happy with the quality so far.

This was more of an experimental piece for me to fill the gaps in my texturing and presentation skills. While I’m good at 3D modeling, I never really paid much attention to my texturing and presentation skills. I wanted to change that with this piece.

Doing wireframe and render pass overlays used to be something I would never try to do but after this one I am now comfortable with rendering image sequences and editing them in Davinci Resolve.

\

Timeline of this Project -

Modeling, UVs & Texturing took about 4-5days in total. I took inspiration from renders of a few artists on Artstation who are capable of doing astonishingly realistic texturing. Here’s a screenshot of some of the texturing works I looked at.

Reference Board for Texturing -

These high quality renders set my standards to how surfaces should look after texturing and how they should be lit for rendering.

Camera setups, Lighting, Rendering and editing (both images & videos) took about 10days. Which is much lower than any of my previous projects. I wish to reduce it further with future projects.

Reference Board for Modeling -

animation’s a bit low res because I simply didn’t want to render for hours :sweat_smile:
Also the noise gave it a grainy effect which I thought was an interesting look.

You can find more on the Artstation post - artstation.com/artwork/XgovnL
3D Modeling timelapse for this piece - https://youtu.be/6vRTvq_U0Uk

Find me on
Youtube
Instagram
Twitter
Behance

Have an Awesome Day!

54 Likes

Incredible detail. Great work. :+1:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Amazing work bravo :clap:

1 Like

Thanks a lot :innocent: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Really great details! Great realism! Great job!

1 Like

Very nice work! I really like your presentation. I’d love to see more wireframe renders and maybe even your UV layout with some more info, like texture resolution you used and texel density.

Also, there seems to be an issue with your link to your Artstation post, unless it’s just me. You might want to check that out.

1 Like

Thanks!
Here’s the UVs for this one. I used 3UDIM tiles(all 4k). Approximately 131px/cm.

While it’s okay for rendering and showcasing the texturing, But I figured it was better for me to use 4tiles so I could pack everything into a smaller texture in case I wanted it to be in one texture. Now that it’s done I don’t wish to go back and change that :sweat_smile:

Thanks for pointing out the Artstation link. It wasn’t working for some reason. Changed it to the actual link. It works now.

1 Like

Amazing work!

1 Like