Hey y’all. So, I’ve been shadowing Blenderartists for years now, messing with it a bit on my own time, but never really committing hard to any project. So, I figure now’s a good a time as any! Lemme introduce my project.
Voyagers in the Dark (awful working title, but it works)
The genre is essentially Real Time Strategy crossed with Action Adventure! How does that work? …That’s a good question. I have plans, but to sum up, I’ll just list the planned features:
- basic RTS UI mechanics. Build buildings, create units, gather resources, etc.
- Large overworld, as opposed to the typical small battlefield found in RTS games.
- One large quest, composed of smaller objectives that must be completed before the final challenge, taking place seamlessly in said overworld.
- Epic boss-fights. (Wish me luck programming that.)
- Several competing civilizations that CAN get mcguffins before you do, and then must be dealt with for the sake of progress.
Yeah… I never really paid attention to the KISS principle. SO ANYWAY. I’ll be posting Dev-Logs like the following from time to time. For those with a short attention span to such things (like me) the vital demonstration begins at 5:30, give or take.
Finally, I mention it in the vid, but kudos to BluePrintRandom for the idea to use Object Color to demonstrate selection.
Lets see where this goes!