VSE rotating from 2d cursor doen't work like it should

Hi, I have been making a video and I allready had to ask about finding option to rotate something from a point (the 2d cursor).

I did that and it worked like a charm. But suddenly it doesn’t any more. I do it like allways and the rotation still comes from the center, which make the object slide around instead of rotating it cleanly from the edge. Did I press some button by accident?

Peek 2024-03-20 17-28

1 Like

This needs a rewrite and more UI option. Further, VSE needs to support pseudo 3d rotations like most other video editors.

This is normal behaviour, just like in 3D space, objects and strips rotate around their origin. The pivot that you use to rotate it has no influence over the actual interpolation. But the VSE is not meant for this kind of work anyway, you’re trying to abuse it. I recommend animating objects in the viewport, this way you can benefit from the entire rigging toolset (constraints, etc) and render out the animation as an image sequence for later compositing or including on your sequencer timeline.