Wabi-Sabi House Interior

Image recreation of great design by Soar Studio named Wabi-Sabi House. Created with new Blender 2.8 and Octane Renderer. Render time about 30 mins with 2000 samples with GTX 1060 6GB. Post-processed with Affinity Photo.
Link to the original photo: https://www.behance.net/gallery/46063439/Soar-Design-Studio-Old-house-in-Wabi-Sabi

13 Likes

Fabulous work! Flawless lighting and texturing. I really like it!

Thanks! I’m glad you like it!

What an incredible job you’ve done here. I’ve been striving to get this light quality for quite some time without success and I gotta say you’ve nailed it. It’s beautiful.

If I may ask, how did you light the scene? Also, what are your thoughts on Octane?

Thank you for your kind words.
The light is simply daylight system combined with HDRI.
At the current state Octane for 2.8 is still under development so there are some bugs but it already does an amazing job. In my opinion, one of the things that Octane does better than Cycles is the lighting. The built-in daylight system is very useful, especially in architectural visualization. On the material side, it already has a displacement feature that very easy to use. I know that Cycles also has a microdisplacement feature, but as far as I know, it’s still an experimental feature. The engine is also faster and needed fewer samples to achieve the same noise level in Cycles. Overall, I think Octane can produce a more realistic result, but still needs time to get better integration to Blender 2.8.

nice work !!!

Thanks on your impressions on Octane, I’ve been meaning to give it a try but haven’t been able to fiddle with it yet. Any pointers as to where I can learn more about it?

Here is the download link:

For the tutorials, basically you can follow any octane tutorial (although it’s not for blender). There are of course some differences but the principles are the same.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Thank you Bart!

1 Like