ISSUED 06/17/2002 AT 1633 UTC

…THIS IS AN INFORMATION MESSAGE…

EARTHQUAKE DATA:
PRELIMINARY MAGNITUDE: 5.2
155 MILES SW OF ANCHORAGE, AK.
85 MILES DEEP

Hello

http://wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov/message.shtml

C’mon VelikM, why get everyone’s tits in a flutter? A 5.2 is a joke. Anything within 2 Fugita points of the 1964 quake (9.4 I think) is something to worry about, but in California anything under a 6 is “page 20” information.

A tsunami generated by a 5.2 isn’t going to interest anyone but surfers! “Dude, the action is gonna be HUGE”, “Party on, bra!”.

I must admit to not being very amused by nocturnal earthquakes. They do tend to get the heart pounding don’t they? You just don’t know whether you have the violent “slamming” type or the “slow rolling” kind that gets more intense as it goes along? :o

We had a magnitude 3.2 ground pounder here yesterday. Oooooo, I’m shakin’ in me boots! :smiley:

Actually, that was just Stefano (S68) getting the pre-wedding jitters! :wink:

That’s terrible, just terrible! 8)

This was a hard slom, like a truck running into the house, three times, each one harder than the previous, which is how the “64” good friday quake started, it’s the one quake profile that makes my heart stop, it’s still fresh in my mind.

I’ve known several guys that were fine right up until they said I do, then fainted at the alter.

I’ve knowen several guys that were fine right up until they said I do, then fainted at the alter.

I saw a guy wobble, then puke. Poor guy must have been sick, never did see his wife!

Hehe…

Stefano