Walk Through Walls :(

Hey all…
I’m new to the game engine
and i have a quick question…
How do you keep your character from walking through walls?
Right now I’m setting the walls with a property of (w) and under my character i have a sensor set to collision/ property (w)
Any help would be nice
thanks
Chuck

:o ??? You don’t need a Sensor under Your Actor. Just set him to Dynamic. Have a Look at some Demos. e.g.: http://www.blendergames.com

So you decided to give the game engine a try, huh? Well, I will let one of the resident experts field that question for you. There would be a few different ways to detect collisions, So I will let one of Vet Gamers help you out, I am only just starting to understand the engine. Someone will answer, these guys are great, like having a personal tutor, they are always willing to post to help you out. I just wanted to say I have really admired your work for a while, I really like the touch of abstract while keeping a style deffinately of your own. I always think of “HELLRAISER” the movie when I see your art. Mabey it was your work entitled “reflection” that makes me think that way. Anyway I think your work is great, and welcome to the game engine. Someone help this guy out, he is pretty talented using blender…

NDNChief (Sucking Up Again) LOL…

the collision sensor is horrible in blender. It’s a major bug that needs fixed. try sizing your worlds real small. That usually helps some

Hey!!!
Thanks for all the help
My problem was i had the bounding sphere size set way to low…
I set it to cover the whole Character…

Thanks

Chuck