Wallace from Wallace & Gromit (Eevee render)

this is fantastic. “irregularities” are a part of what makes claymation so unique. nothing is perfect or aligned - which makes recreating it in software more difficult. great job!
If I may give a critique (coming from a stop motion lover here) maybe consider:

• giving the floor lamp more ‘antiquing’, particularly the base is showroom shiny
  • the floor some foot traffic wear, dust
  • the lamp shade some dust, or whatever makes fabric look more like fabric. it looks a bit perfect. those frilly edges going around it look great
  • bang up the coffee table a bit. tiny models are made with tiny tools which leave tiny marks :slight_smile:
1 Like

Thanks for the crit. Great points.

I created Gromit and tried to do some of the points you suggested but I don’t know how to add dust in a realistic way.

2 Likes

I can see that Gromit has finally arrived.

Also, there’s a Blender Guru tutorial on how to make realistic dust.
https://youtu.be/ZmrCoGj9m2Y

1 Like

Added some dust from Price’s tutorial.

3 Likes

These are really fantastic! As a huge Aardman fan I think there’s just one tiny detail you could add, which are the trademark fingerprints on the plasticine (which they’ve even added to everything they had to create digitally).

1 Like

Amazing! I thought it was an original frame :face_with_hand_over_mouth::heart_eyes:

1 Like

You were featured in the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2019’ on BlenderNation, and received the ‘Best of 2019’ badge on Blender Artists :clap:

Thank you so much for your contribution, and have a great 2020!

1 Like

Thanks. A happy surprise for sure. :grin:

1 Like

This looks great, I’m inspired to try a claymation style model myself.

1 Like

Oh no! You forgot the crackers! Unless Wallace already ate them :smile:
I used to love this show (well, still do honestly). Glad too see such a tasteful recreation of it.

1 Like

Me too. Plus go to a place where’s there’s cheese.

1 Like

Nice job bro! :ok_hand:

1 Like