WanderingWolf's Sketchbook

Oh, that brings back some painful memories! :slight_smile:

I really like your donut, the actual baked part is way better than what I’ve usually seen (and I’ve seen a lot of these).

2 Likes

I’m right there with you for the tutorials. It was a loooot of learning for sure.

Thank you for your comment about my doughnut; I like how the texturing came out on the doughnut itself. I’m not 100% on the frosting or the sprinkles, but the dough part I was pretty happy with.

1 Like

Been messing around with some Pixar Cars stuff because my nephew just turned 5 and I wanted to wish him a happy birthday! (he loves Cars, btw)

Animation is nowhere near done, but here’s a still from a bit ago:

And here’s a basic animation test with a rig.

4 Likes

Working on a walk cycle. First time I’ve used the action editor, and hope to learn more about the NLA.

4 Likes

Finally completed the walk cycles for these guys, now on to idle animations and actually getting through an episode:

6 Likes

I’ve taken a quick break from my animation and went back to an old project. I wanted to do something again with Alan Wyatt’s painterly filter and I like the way these two images came out.

5 Likes

I made this image for a Blender Artists competition last week. I didn’t win, so I took some more time to play with composition and coloring on this image. I’ve never used Blender’s real time compositor before, so this was a fun experiment.

2 Likes

Just made this after a tutorial. It’s just a test of Blender’s grease pencil.

3 Likes

Started a new DND campaign and made a silly drawing of my character in grease pencil.

1 Like

drow_gif_WIP
Animated it a bit. Mega goofy.

3 Likes

https://i.imgur.io/WaHUZ8c.mp4
Made another goofy grease pencil gif.

1 Like

Can’t see the video (error msg “No video with supported format and MINE type found”). I think this might be a Discourse limitation. I battled that a bit last year and finally settled on MPEG-4 with H.264 encoding. Didn’t research it further, alas, so I don’t know what else might work.

2 Likes

Tried to upload it but the gif is too big. Tried to fix the link so at least it might be visible.

1 Like

Adding a couple shots of a recent plant piece I mainly used to explore Felicia White’s painterly shader.

4 Likes

That looks like a nice shader; commercial?

Hmm I don’t know if it’s commercial if Fel gave it to me in her Discord channel. I suppose maybe because of her Patreon? I’m not sure where the line blurs between commercial and otherwise. Thanks for the complement tho, I had to do some tweaking to it to get it like this. Still, all the hard work was hers :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m starting on a Halloween design to celebrate both my love of skeletons and my love for coffee! Here’s what I’ve got so far:

4 Likes

One more WIP of the death before decaf piece.

3 Likes

Another WIP

3 Likes

Last WIP

2 Likes