WanderingWolf's Sketchbook

I’m starting a sketchbook to catalog my progress through the CGCookie HUMAN course taught by Kent Trammell.

I may also stick some other sketches alongside my progress, but we’ll see.

Latest image:

12 Likes

Here is my first step into the HUMAN course.

1 Like

1 Like

Working on refining shapes now, planes of the face, and creating a base to sculpt on.

1 Like

Worked on the neck and shoulder planes.

1 Like

I worked on mouth and chin details in this last iteration.

1 Like

Defined the nose.

2 Likes

Defined the eyes and brow.

2 Likes

Been working on some backrooms content for the last few weeks. Here’s the resulting animation:

1 Like

It’s been a long time, but I’ve finally gotten to another project. This was created on a whim and mostly just to stretch my legs again. I think I only created or modified some of the clothing, but I was experimenting with posing and lighting.

Here’s Globalt:
Edited

Raw from Blender

3 Likes

Started playing around with Alan Wyatt’s painter filter 1.2. It looks very attactive. This is an old sword I modeled with the effect.

4 Likes

In the last few days I’ve been playing with the painter filter quite a bit. Here’s another with the filter:

3 Likes

I also started playing in a DnD campaign recently (my first ever), and wanted to make a low-poly version of my Hobbit (we’re in the LotR universe) barbarian Merric Hilltopple:

Because I can’t help myself, I made a version of him with the painter filter:

5 Likes

Just reposting this work from the finished projects page:

Scortch: a DnD session

3 Likes

Working on some stop-motion mouth and eye cards to animate these characters speaking! Never done this sort of animation or anything stop-motion-y, so lots to learn!

5 Likes

I’ve been working on animation for the character above and gang. Here’s the animation test round 1 of this test.

4 Likes

I finished my animation test and here it is!

The links above may be broken now.

7 Likes

Great job on the stop-motion look. The title sequence has a cool and dramatic feel to it.

3 Likes

Hey thank you for saying so! I was leaning into the more cartoon style for the title, and I’m glad it conveyed drama!

Adding some old Blender Guru tutorial pieces because this is a sketchbook and why not!

4 Likes