Wanna fly

Hi everyone!

Tested a new hair system with geo nodes.
The fur was made by following these two tutorials:

My Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/timur_pavlov

Have fun and happy Blenderin’! :wink:

22 Likes

Kudos! I simply take my hat off in awe!

1 Like

How did you deal with the combing without going through the mesh? Sculpt collision doesn’t work on real world sized objects, so I assume this mesh is really huge?

I don’t get it. You mean why fur doesn’t comes through the clothes?

No. The body. Geometry hair goes into the body mesh because the collision doesn’t work correctly on real size objects.

Here are the body dimensions:
scale
as you can see they are not huge. And I haven’t encountered this type of problem.
But if you are talking about parts with long fur that could possibly burrow into the body, the only way to avoid this is to carefully comb your hair curves in the right direction. And that’s all)

I find this very strange because I tried combing a Cheetah model and the fur kept going inside it which made it very tedious for doing small hair. And when I turned sculpting collision on, the strands stopped reacting to the brushes.

So I’m curious on how you even managed to do this in the first place.

Your normals didn’t happen to be flipped?

Note to self: please do not attempt flight by igniting a barrel of gun-powder under ones behind. This is a highly trained stunt-bull in the image. :joy:

Это отличная работа! Спасибо, что разделились! :smiley:

1 Like

No. I checked it.

Is it great hair? Well, maybe not. (Obvious technical problems with it at the moment …) And, should “the fuse” look quite so much like “a rope?” Well, maybe not again. But, is it a very funny scene, with a nice-looking barrel, lighting, a thoroughly-absurd “set of wings,” etc? Definitely!! :slight_smile:

Now, if you’ll please excuse me, I’ll be moving myself several hundred feet away . . .

Hey, don’t move anywhere :slightly_smiling_face:
You figured out the idea of this composition and that’s the main thing :+1: The idea is always more important than any shortcomings or not a perfect performance.

Timur, in my book there is no such thing(!) as “perfection,” nor does it really matter.

"Photo-realism?" Doesn’t exist. (Trust me on this: I’m a photographer with a darkroom …) But also: doesn’t matter.

The only thing that “really matters,” at least to an audience member like me, is that I immediately understood what I saw and you connected with me. I was … “ROTFLMAO!” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like