Want to download your BlenderCon23 schedule?

Hey! Are you also coming to the Blender Conference 2023 but frustrated (like me) that you can’t sync or download the schedule?

A friend and I got fed up, so we hacked together a little script that adds a download button to the conference schedule page. The button will save your currently filtered schedule into a calendar file (.ics). This file can then be imported into any calendar app (such as Google, Outlook, Apple, etc).

After spending a few days developing this script, we figured we might as well share it. It’s designed to run inside well-known browser extensions like Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey. To use it just follow these super-simple instructions.

4 Likes

The schedule does sync across devices. I marked the sessions I want to see on desktop while logged in and can now see them on my iPad when I log in. You need to use the “person” icon, not the heart icon when selecting sessions. This is saved in your account.

Yeah it’ll sync but what I like about this script it that your calendar will actually give you a notification of upcoming sessions! I’ll share this on BN tonight.

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant sync to my existing calendar so I have everything in one place :slight_smile:

Additionally, the calendar gives a much better overview of overlapping events in the schedule.