Wanted: Merman Model

Hi there Blender Artists! I am after a friendly-looking merman 3D model. An image has been attached for what I have in mind. Anyone interested in creating this? :smiley: :merman:t3:

Would something like this work?

1 Like

That looks really awesome actually! Is it something you’d really be willing to share? :slight_smile:

Yes. How I build it depends very much on what you are using it for. eg. do you just need a single pose for an illustration, does it need to be animated or 3d printed? All would require different approaches.

And I am just a hobbyist. It still needs hair skin details etc.

I would like it to be animated if possible :slight_smile:

For movies or games?

Augmented Reality

That’s confused me, will you be exporting it to a game engine and animating it there or animating it in Blender?

The reason for asking is it has a rig at the moment but the tail is a bendy bone and that won’t work in a game engine.

Ideally I have it animated in Blender and then exported into Unity, ready to be augmented.

The only way to test that would be to try. I could send you a basic blend file with some actions in and see if you can get it to work in unity. If not I will have to learn how to create spline IKs :thinking:

That would be awesome :slight_smile: You’re very kind!

Ok I’ll send you a cut down version with some actions. eg no textures. PM where you would like the file sent. I should have something to you tommorrow.