War Torn City

Well now that I’m done with the robot contest on Blender Cookie I am going to get back to building Mechs. I thought that I would buy a damaged city scene from TurboSquid as a nice environment, but I didn’t find anything I liked enough to spend a few hundred dollars. So I decided to build my own city to use as a scene for my war machines:

Maybe there is a small animation in the near future…

This is, of course, a lot of early work. Here are some more WIP renders.

Something like this is on my “to do” list for future projects. Showing the devastation of a space borne attack is an illustration I’ll need for my book(s).

…well, since there really isn’t anything to show when modelling one-building-at-a-time I thought I would share my progress up to this point. I’ve pretty much finished all of my “city planning” so I can move on to:

• Adding details (trees, walkways, phone lines, damaged environment, etc…) and
  • Refining my textures and/or materials
  • Adding unique elements to break up some of the buildings that are copies of others.

So below are some more renders. I actually haven’t stopped working on this at all, but like I said, showing another building after another building after another building after another building…yeah…you get the idea… :smiley:

~angel

I think I can only attach 3 images at a time, right?

Great stuff, TheAngelRoldan! I know it’s a lot of work to recreate even just a single city block. You’re off to a good start, though!

Out of curiosity, have you seen the work of Stonemason, aka Stefan Morrell? You can find his work on a number of well known sites, but you can also buy many of the models in his images off of daz3d.com! I have bought some before in the past, they are quite reasonably priced!

Thanks. Appreciate the feedback.

No, I’ve never seen any of those works by Stefan Morrell, but I’ll look them up now. Thanks for the tip.

~angel