Water vending machine

Hi! Hope you like it.

The idea behind this project was to show how quickly technology develops and how humanity has not kept up with it. This automaton is like a designer, it has been modified to keep up with new technologies.

With this project I worked with UDIM and frankly I liked the texturing, no need to switch between texture sets. But my old computer was having a hard time.

more information and video → https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Za3xg8

67 Likes

Loving it. Great combination of stylized and plausible. The “AUTO DOOR” has sci-fi energy but makes perfect sense in context. Digging the locked-off credit-card pad/bill/coin acceptor, for the “how quickly techonology develops” narrative. The uneven fading and rust is spot-on.

…and the small print on the display is actually meaningful and relevant. You’re after my own heart, here.

1 Like

Oh… Thank you. You’ve considered everything I’ve put into this job :smiley:

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

I like this alot, good vending machine look! The subject of water is a very good choice since this is becoming more of a problem in the future. The rust and “used-product-look” is very nice.

On a little critic note: a little less ambient light, more dark alley vibe will make it even more crazy atmosphere.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

It was my idea. Originally it was a darker atmosphere, more nocturnal. But my skill with light… leaves a lot to be desired. And that’s why I didn’t like the result terribly.
Thanks for the review!

Really interesting piece. Lots of very thoughtful and well placed texture detailing, looks incredible. Great job!

1 Like

I really love the fact that it feels used and lived, excellent texturing on this one, great work!!

1 Like

@ErraticStatic @Davi_Pica

Thank you for such high praise! :smiley:

1 Like

amazing! :slight_smile: