Water Worlds - oil painting collection

How’s everyone doing?

I’d like to present to you some of the completed paintings of the “Water Worlds” collection I’m working on. All works are oil on canvas.
The idea behind these is to represent our stunning water habitats from a different perspective (not the showy, cartoonish way some paintings depict them in). I used a more “tight” style vs a loose one, which many painters prefer.
Let me know what you think, which one is your favorite of the lot???

There are plans to showcase these paintings in an exhibition once the collection is complete - sometime during early 2020.
More details, behind the scenes, WIPs, and announcements can be found on my instagram account https://www.instagram.com/jassar_brush/

Please support me by following and sharing with your friends, I’d be so grateful :slight_smile:

Thanks for watching!

Narwhal Pod (final painting of 2019!)

Narwhal’s Journey

Living Reef, oil on canvas 24"X30"

Blue Reef (this painting was donated to the Great Barrier Reef Legacy in Queensland, Australia)

Whale Tail

Cardinal Stream (a freshwater stream/creek in the Amazon with a school of Cardinal Tetra fish)

Hammerhead

Orca

A Humpback’s Plunge

Angels in Murky Amazonia (Angelfish swimming in the murky waters of the Amazon river)

9 Likes

Nice Work.

This is absolutely gorgeous work! Just fantastic. :smiley:

Thank you all so very much. I’ve updated the first post with a new painting “Living Reef” :slight_smile:

Hello everyone! I’ve just uploaded a couple of new paintings, including my final painting of 2019! I hope you enjoy.

Hi again! it’s been a long while since I provided any real updates here. Last year was so weird and crazy, but I’ve managed to complete some new paintings. Enjoy!

Sea Turtle

Yellow Belly

Feeding Frenzy

Shark Attack!

Koi Pond

Great White

Serenity

Tell me what you think :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Jassar I like the work out of the most recent for handling complexity I like the Shark Attack with all the little fishes. Not sure if you did that one at a time or if you used some technique. I like the colors and feel of Koi Pond. I like how you got the feel of the Killer Whale being under water and above.

1 Like

Hi Softwarespecial, I’m glad you liked my work :slight_smile:
for the fish in Shark Attack, I painted them all one by one… basically by creating the dark areas first, then layering the lighter parts.

Hello brother Blenderers! you can now purchase my artwork as metal prints via Displate :slight_smile: I have to say, they are very very nice. Give it a look and enjoy.
https://displate.com/jassar/profile?art=5c0626208f87e

Also, here’s my latest painting “A Clown’s World”. :slight_smile:

Here’s another link to my displate if the one above doesn’t work…

New painting, “Young Blue Whale”, oil on canvas 30"x40". Enjoy…

1 Like