Watercolor render tests

Tweaked my painterly tutorial again to see if I could get a watercolor looking render.

Attachments

Great image, looks really hand painted. Good to know this is posible with compositing. Thanks!

Charblaze, hi, great watercolor effect. Do you think you could please post a screenshot of the node setup you used to achieve this effect?

Beautiful results!!!

Would you still be willing to make this .blend file available? I am really interested in learning how you got this look with cycles. Thanks!!

Not sure If your asking for mine or Charblaze’s, but I been working on a tutorial for mine.
I want others to learn from the ground up how it’s done so new NPR techniques can be made.
Will have a blend when it’s done.

Thanks Charblaze for helping out with the thread.
Been busy at my day job.

Hi Ronin,

Thanks for the tut, i like the impression you are giving to your work. I followed your tut on your blog and i got this

I like the trick :slight_smile:

@charblaze, that looks pretty amazing!

This is beautiful work, Charblaze! Thank you so much for including the node set up. :smiley:

I’m just getting back into Blender, so this might be a silly question, but you should be able to switch the nodes around and apply the watercolor effect to just a material, right? Not to the whole world?

Like in the violin example, have it just mapped to the violin itself and not to the entire rendered view.
This is probably something I should just fire up Blender and try out myself, but…

It could be super cool to have a character pop from his surroundings my applying the watercolor effect to just its skin.

Really liking the painterly effects here. All I can make are print effects :frowning:

really good work in here! :smiley:

I seem to get nothing but a black screen during render unless I enable Include Alpha of Second Input in this operation in the final mix node labeled “Add Paper”. None of the screenshots you posted however show this enabled.
Am I doing something wrong?