Watermelon 🍉

It’s been a year since I did my last 3D artwork.
The war in my country, a lots of sadness, blackouts, a lot of unpleasant things got me depressed :confounded:
I watched very few movies and series, I fell out of everyday life in 2022 year and didn’t want to get creative.

Almost a year into the war, it’s become routine for me, rocket arrivals, noise of sirens has become commonplace.
As early as 2023, I began to think that I want to go back to make art. I wanted to do something new and, most importantly, cute, so here’s Watermelons! :watermelon:

23.02.03 Watermelon (gif)

I really like to animate “wiggle effect”, it creates a sense of liveliness.
I’m often asked how I do this “wiggle” animation. So, I use the SimpleDeform modifier, and deform each object frame by frame.

Rotation
rotation

Frequently, I don’t keep track of the number of polygons, but for this work I tried to limit the number of polygons, to make scene more lightweight.

Image for preview

This work based on the cute artwork by stefscribbles
https://twitter.com/stefscribbles/status/1283748697180954624

46 Likes

Wow, this is a technical masterpiece (and an artistic beauty!) nice work!

Thanks!
I also posted this in Sketchfab, animations are gone as usual :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Your work has a beautiful, fun style!
Good job. I am sorry that you and the brave people of Ukraine are still suffering. I wish you the best.

1 Like

That’s super cool !
The world needs some cuteness !
Hope to see more from you sooner than later !

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Thank you for making me smile! I love this so much :heart:

I plan to make soon some cute video game fan arts :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! :kissing_heart:

This is neat. I always been a fan of this kind of art. :slightly_smiling_face:

So lovely work! Congrats. Thanks for sharing.

Hi everyone,

Here is the “Behind the Scenes” article for this cute artwork!

Do check out this article, written by the artist himself. It describes the process of making the artwork step by step and provides insight to toon-shading in Blender.

Regards,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation | LinkedIn