Waterslide GeoNodes

Hi,

I try to figure out how I can achieve the following:

For a waterslide I want to have a entrance of the slide then a array of the middle tube part and then a end piece. Everything should be merged and then deformed by a curve.

Can someone give me a a basic setup for this, I tried to im understand some more advanced node setups but no noobs-chance :wink: .

For the first part I just want to create the tube parts.

Any hind where to start is appreciated.

Thx

The array modifier can do this already using different objects for start and end cap and also using the curve modifer and fit type: curve.

2 Likes

@drtoolittle

You could use endpoint selection to build an array like this in geonodes.

Hope that helps

2 Likes

oh wow - i toatally overlooked that feature thx a lot

If you want to do it in geometry nodes then this could be an option:

This gives the result such as this, where the middle part is just a tube:

But if you want to have a custom model for the tube that sits in between both ends, then you will need to deform the instanced objects along the curve.

In that case take a look at these tutorials which go over a geo-node curve deformer:

Also, higgsas has a node group for deforming objects along the curve

Remember to use the “endpoint selection” node to separate out the points on the very end of the curve.

I hope this helps!
Waterslide_test.blend (1.2 MB)

6 Likes

thx for the information - this gives me a very good base :slight_smile:

1 Like

so i have been thinkering a bit, and i havent got a GN solution - although the solution with end caps works…

but here comes my new idea, since i also want to make custum parts for the waterslides turns i need to somehow figure out how to create a array with different objects, weld them toghether and then use the Curve Deform GN.

i tried to put two arrays of different objects toghter in this node setup

from this post.

at the moment no sucess with alinging the array in the way i want.

for example part 1 then 8times part 2, then 3 times part2, and so on…

going to try tmr again…

this topic continues here with a solution.