Wavefront obj files are showing in dots after importing in Blender

Hi

I have blender 4.0 version. when i am importing the wavefront obj file in belnder .it is showing in dots
kindly provide the support.

First post… And a absolute banger!! :man_facepalming:

When you import an OBJ file, the size is too large to be seen and only the Origins of the object can be seen.
I think it’s a situation like this. :thinking:

If the object is identified in Outliner but is not visible in the viewport.
You can see the whole thing by reducing the import scale or expanding the clipping range of the viewport.

1 Like

Thank you for your response

Actually the file size in kb it’s small part. Which in easily open in rhino but not in blender

Can you please suggest the solution

Try a different file format when you export from rhino. .fbx or .usd or .abc.

Different apps save .obj files differently to each other. There is less problems with newer file formats.

Hi,

I’m having trouble opening a wavefront.obj file in blender. The file opens without any issue in Rhino, but blender, it’s only showing dots.

If you have any suggestions, I’d be grateful for your help.

Can you share a screenshot?

Is it showing a single orange dot? Something like this:

If it’s like that, it’s very likely that as was mentioned earlier, the object is just too big to be seen. You could try selecting everything with A, then scale it down to .01 or something like that and see if that makes it visible. You could also try shift C to center the scene on the geometry.

Or is it importing as a bunch of dots, like disconnected verts, instead of solid geometry?

1 Like