WC#69 entry: "Music" - Lots of effort gone into it

I’ve spent a lot of time this weekend on my Weekend Challenge entry. I’m really happy with how it turned out. I was looking forward to this weeks theme so I had to enter. :slight_smile:

Please share comments, criticisms, and/or suggestions. I’ve put in lots of effort with this, so please comment if you can. :slight_smile: Also, if you like my entry, vote for me!! :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s totally pure. Blender render with no PP.

“You’re early…Kit Percussion lessons start in 15 minutes”

–>http://members.lycos.co.uk/liveset/blender/stills/contestentries/musicthumb.jpg<–

-three-dee

Very, very sweet. A strong contender for this week. While it’s probably already too late to do changes, the shadows could be stronger, especially those under the drums.

Thanks :slight_smile: I was thinking about the shadows under them but I decided it looked better when the shadows you are speaking of were at a low level. It seemed to detract from the other shadows and lighting (like the beams of light crossing from the left and the light on the floor). I prefered the subtle shadows so what you see is intentional.

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated! :slight_smile:

-three-dee

VERY nice, three-dee! :slight_smile: Excellent work on the details. I like the blue rug too for contrast purposes. There’s a little texture overlapping in the left lower corner of the walls, but that’s barely visible. The cushion looks really cushiony too :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck in the WC!

RobertT

Details and modelling is amazing. But materials should be tweaked a bit more…
Cymbals should have some Nor texture (concentric rings from plate rolling and dints by sticks) and metal parts of drums and stands should be more shiny.

yep, as said before, very detailed work. modelling looks very good. the only problem could be the lighting. it’s a bit hard. and there are no shadows. try a softer lighting… sun coming from side… or something…

.b

The modelling is awesome!

As Basse said though, I’d try and soften the lighting - maybe a fake GI dome thingy? :slight_smile:
Also, I’d stick a texture on the cymbals, something like this or this maybe…

Thanks :smiley: I did have problems with the walls which is why I moved the camera so only a small part of it could be seen.

Thanks for the comments. The cymbals have nor textures but I guess you can’t see it because it is at a distance and there is an envmap on them. They originally had rings but I thought they would only be needed for a close up. :-?

Thank you :slight_smile: There are shadows but they are very subtle/weak. I did this because I thought, when a room is naturally lit (i.e. the sun, which explains the reason for hard shadows), other artificial lights are weaker/not as noticable, and so I thought they wouldnt create much shadow. Does that make sense? :stuck_out_tongue: The light crossing from left to right is supposed to be the sun coming through a window. Does it not look like that? :frowning:

Thanks for the comments. I’ll work on the cymbals and post an update If I get a result I’m happy with. :slight_smile:

Thanks all for the comments. Please keep them coming :slight_smile:

-three-dee

Hmmm, doesn’t look like it now. :stuck_out_tongue:

which doesnt actually take away from yours, its just Wu’s is soo kool

:<

Did you make that with a specific kit in mind? Looks really cool. As a drummer I salute you 8)

Thanks. :slight_smile: There was no specific kit in mind. 8)

Now, do that in black and you’ve pretty much got my drum kit! LOL

Seriously, that is some pretty good work. I’ve thought about doing my kit, but every time I try, it just go down stairs and play it.

Good work. Very good work.

Wriker

Hey Nice Work. :slight_smile:

First off I would say that the shadows are just fine like they are. It looks to be a sunny day so the light and shadows would be hard.

Modelling and Texturing are very nice, and have a nice amount of detail.

Nice Job.

• ADL7

Thank you :slight_smile: That is how the lighting and shadows were intended to be done. :smiley:

I have a guitar that I did a couple of months back when I was very new to blender. [click here to see] I have made a couple of minor changes since then and added a guitar stand. Do you think If I added an electric guitar, and bass guitar, and put them all together in a complete scene, I would have a piece good enough for the gallery, or should I slap myself for considering it? :stuck_out_tongue:

-three-dee

That is very very nice. looks like it took a lot of effort.

Thank you. It certainly did. :slight_smile: