Web Based Highscores Tutorial

I’ve spent a bit of time over the past few days writing a tutorial about creating a web highscores board as an aside to my much larger game engine series. It’s fairly detailed, but still will require a level of expertise in Python and the game engine to integrate into your own games, so it’s an intermediate to advanced tutorial. The web coding side of things is quite fixed and covered in detail, so no worries there. Any suggestions of anything I’ve left out, feel free to contact me.

Web Based Highscores Tutorial

oh wow this looks great, to bad googlepages dont do php :frowning:
i’ll look for a free server that does. Unless you know of one?

i dont know of one off the top of my head, but i remember looking some time ago and there being a fair few around…don’t worry too much if you cant find one with MySQL, cause the next part of the tutorial is gonna be about using a flat-file database, which is files instead, you’ll still need php obviously.

That seems cool!
Just when I need it!

Ohh… nice tutorial.

Will definitely have use for it when making mini-games in blender.

Thanks a bunch.

Jason Lin

Wow… this is a great tutorial. Thank you very much for sharing it. You are correct, though, that there are several security issues with the current setup.

I’m looking forward to the next part. As it is right now, anyone who reads the Python script in the .blend would be able to hack the high score list and upload their own fake scores. I’m interested to see how you will solve that.

wow, i was looking for it when i was making Monstertruck and 2d topscroller games… Now i have a reason to finish them adding a highscore :slight_smile:

sorry but the link shows

Network Error (dns_server_failure)

Your request could not be processed because an error occurred contacting the DNS server.     The DNS server may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.     

For assistance, contact your network support team.

thanks for your work .

now the link works , … thanks :slight_smile: