Week-End Challenge #253 (08/31/07): Alien Life

great work!

how was the slime done? - fluids or modelled??

for what are the cubes intended (visible in your editor-view)? - for reflections?

Thanx
S.

Very nice render, and a good entry!!

I too am wondering exactly how you did the slime?

ChojinDSL: Yeah, I just used spotlights and an omni light, and supplemented specular highlights with reflections of the environment, like those two emitting plates set behind the main spotlights.

simhar: Yup, dead on, in fact. The cubes and doodads are just to break up the ‘wads-o-white’ look the reflections were getting.

simhar & leojS: Yeah, fluids. I just set the mesh to an inflow, which turned out quite well, I thought. :]

I think I prefer the image before defocus…going by your nodes screenshot. Perhaps a little more DOF would help?

Actually, on retrospect you’re probably right, but it’s too late now, unfortunately.

probebly the most amazing thing iv seen done in blender i want to make something like this but i have no idea were to start i am a noob have any suggestions

probebly the most amazing thing iv seen done in blender i want to make something like this but i have no idea were to start i am a noob have any suggestions

Well done, creative work. I wouldn’t change a thing.

Nice work! Makes me wish I didn’t have school going on…