wip

1 Like

I was playing Skyrim 4 hours straight last night! Great sculpts as always :+1:

1 Like

Tried Asian Face for once.

2 Likes

Rework:

some progress:

New work (going to boxcut & hard-op the shit out of this one!)

3 Likes

You are going places mister, keep it up! LOADS of potential there :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ty! :star_struck:
But well the market for architecture renders are way better in my country so I might switch to that! :frowning:

I´ll be looking forward to seing how you apply your skills in architecture if the switch happens. If you are discilpined and consistently work a lot, you are going to be fantastic no matter what direction you take :wink:

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

Your progress is INSANE!!! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: Only thing that really stands out as something you haven´t spent much time working on yet is bending of the limbs (ellbow, wrist). But I assume you can fix that in a second with the rate at which you´re improving. Other than that; beautiful my man, beautiful!:ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

got some free time on my hand!

2 Likes

The face is awesome! :heart: I would suggest you look at some references on how and where exactly the neck attaches to the skull and how it looks from all angles. It feels to me like the skull is attached too far back, but I can´t tell for sure from this angle. What I can tell for sure is that this area needs some love and once it gets it, the whole thing will be elevated to a whole other level :sunglasses::

1 Like

Now I see it the back of the head feels so so so strange… need refs! ty @anon61551747 !

1 hour work on trying to make a likeness… can you guess who?

1 Like

Charlton Heston? First thing that comes up in my mind. :grin:

2 Likes

I couldn´t tell, but he looks really good so might be that I just don´t know the guy :smiley:
One of the biggest things I learned while sculpting likenesses is, that either sculpting or painting in the iris and pupil should be one of the very first things you do. It gives you a very very important reference point for the rest of the face and makes figuring out the proportions a whole lot easier. Also working with a material or even matcap that has skintone helps a lot. (And switching back and forth between that and a claylike material constantly). Grey clay like you are using really contrasts the details (look how dark the crevices are arount the mouth nose and eyes) and this distracts your own eye from looking at the overall form/shape of the head, which is at least as important for likenesses as the features themselves. You probably would have noticed the oddness in the old guys skull/back of the head yourself if you had used a skinlike material. Lastly: I would say generally always sculpt in ortho, but especially for likenesses ALWAYS sculpt in orthographic view!

Keep rocking man, I´m looking forward to how this guy turns out! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh… close! :open_mouth:
well it’s Paul Walker… or trying to be one! :smiley:

Thanks for the tips and techniques PixelPete. you are a very helpful! If you are not a teacher (or teaching in any site) I really think you should be one!
This is my third try on sculpting likeness and I have to say it’s more harder then drawing a likeness face on a paper!

2 Likes

You chose a reeally challenging subject my friend. He had a pretty generic young caucasian face. His only really striking features were indeed his blue eyes :smiley: :wink:
Comparing photos with your sculpt: your mesh looks actually pretty good! (Fantastic for 1 hour of work)
This is probably the image I would use as keyreference (maybe rotate it a bit so that his head is not tilted. It´s a nice orthographic image too, so the proportions are almost not distorted at all): (watch the area around the nostrils, the nostrils themselves and the lower eyelids a little more carefully.) Man, it´s amazing how quickly you are getting there! Great artistic eyes you have!:alien:

Thank you :slight_smile: I happen to have a degree in educational science and have been working as a personal guitarteacher and chessteacher with groups as a sidejob for many years. Teaching art online fulltime would be my dreamcarreer actually. :wink: The dream would be to just make educational videos non-stop which everyone can learn from for free and not go broke doing it. The “not go broke doing it” is the tricky part. :nerd_face:

2 Likes