Weird artifacts in volume

Hey mates, hope you’re doing well.
Lately I’m doing some clouds and I decided to use the principled volume to make the material.
I’m really happy with the result so far, but I noticed weird artifacts on some of my clouds. I don’t really know the reasons. I tried to increase the volume in light path but doesn’t change anything.

If someone can help me, I would really appreciate :slight_smile:

This is the node tree of the material. As you can see there’s nothing really crazy.

is it cycles?

I see there is nothing connected to density socket, so i guess the shape of the cloud is defined by objects mesh right?

how does the objects mesh looks like and what modifiers are you using? Could it be loose geometry? or verts dupli?

The mesh is a simple cube with subsurf and a couple displacement with voronoi texture.
It’s on cycle !

I’ve checked and the mesh does not have double verticles. Maybe the displacement make some weird shapes?

I think those displacements are causing intersections on the mesh. There is no wa I could check that without looking at the file.

You can try to put those voronoi textures to define density of the cloud (0 density means no cloud). this way you achive the same result without any modifiers on the cube.

Hey thanks for your reply.
I’ve checked and applied every single modifier and any cloud has double verticles.

But I found what’s the issue. With all the modifier, the mesh is overlapping and it creates these weird artifacts. I’ve reduced the amount of displacement and it seems already way better.

I’ve tried with your technic (using only density), but it doesn’t look really good. Maybe you can show me an example? :slight_smile:

Thanks mate

take a look here:

there are much more similar tutorials out there if you are interested