WeirdHat's F1 WIP (update on page 5, 04/27/2004)

Here I am again! Woo! I took a break for a while, but here’s another update now.

Took 4 hours to render, ugh. Damn raytracing. New bag, thinner duct tape, dirtier umbrella, bottle in the cupholder, thinner spokes, thicker cranks, adjusted duct tape on one pedal so it’s not the same as the other one, the green thingies are less shiny. There’s a simple scene, I’m not sure whether I like it or not, the ground is just a fractal subdivided thingy.

Very nice wierdo, is this going to be in a Mario Sunshine type enviorment ? And is that a panty on the right ?

that is so k3wl, I’d get one just for fun! LoL

very good!
maybe a little bit too much tape in there… it starts to be distracting.
especially on the joining parts of the metal cage, nobody would really tape THAT… instead of welding… and also I doubt that it would hold … heh.

also you have taped the plastic bag into the pole there too… hmm… feels like you got a little carried away with that idea :slight_smile:

.b

I don’t think this thing is suppose to make sence. It’s the tape that makes it so uncomman, know what I mean ?

Bah ha ha ha ha

weirdhat that is fantastic.

i can’t wait to se what character you have for this one.

i think that fr a compersition a diractuional coloured light (that casts nice shadows) on top of a resonably low intensity GI type light, can really bring out the best in the details of the tyres or such without making them seem to specular.

i think somthing can be achieved through the sequencer (overlaying of lights and such to give yourself better control, rather than a single render pass)

anyway i am thinking the tape and hodge bodge job of it are the best, it reminds me of mad max where scavenging is cool.

perhaps along those lines add a bit of dirt to the tyres, they wouldn’t be that clean. also in the background perhaps a few other competitors with other strange devices, or some people with guns/chasing (a caption like “a time when racing depends on your life” )

but ignore my sugestions on most of it. i am sure you have ideas for it :D. (just take it as a compliment that i thought it was worth getting inspired by :wink: )

have a good one.

Alltaken

Very nice wierdo, is this going to be in a Mario Sunshine type enviorment ? And is that a panty on the right ?

No to both questions. At least I think not, I don’t know what Mario Sunshine is like.

maybe a little bit too much tape in there… it starts to be distracting.
especially on the joining parts of the metal cage, nobody would really tape THAT… instead of welding… and also I doubt that it would hold … heh.

also you have taped the plastic bag into the pole there too… hmm… feels like you got a little carried away with that idea

Well, on the one hand that’s probably true, I did get carried away with it. But I think it makes it better. Though maybe I should add some different kinds of things to hold it together in some places, rather than it being all duct tape. Also maybe I should rotate some of the stuff to make it look more rickety…

The plastic bag being taped to the pole I think is actually the part of it that makes the most sense to be duct taped, or at least is the most likely place for the duct tape to work.

oh…my…where can i get one!!! thats like the vehicle for the sentury!!!* oh and btw, i think the ductape being overdone is a great! makes it look more ductapelike,lol* best f1 yet.

great work.

Duct tape rocks. I found a roll of duct tape that had been sitting through rain, snow and well everything for 6 months and it’s still sticky! It’s indestructible!

Sweeeeet! duct tape kicks butt!

and thank you for changing the bag to plastic!

this looks awesome :slight_smile:

When you going to start working on the surrounding areas wierdo ?

Hey, here I am again. Here are two renders…

The vehicle by itself (with some updates since last time of course): http://www.weirdhat.com/blender/f1-wip10.jpg

A possible scene to put it in: http://www.weirdhat.com/blender/f1-wip11.jpg

I rendered them separately because put together, it takes a very long time to render. I think this is nearing completion, so unless somebody notices a major problem with it, or comes up with a brilliant suggestion for something to add that will take me a while to model, I think I’m probably going to start the final render tonight.

looks really cool!

Duct tape has also been proven extremely effective for treating pantar warts.

Weirdhat, now you only need to slap a Wal-Mart logo on that bag. :slight_smile:

Haha! I just had an idea that I would LOVE to see you do.

A 10-second clip combining 3D and video. An old lady is watering her garden, and suddenly, on the street behind her, this vehicle (with nobody in it) rolls slowly past. The lady stops to watch it go by, and then returns to her gardening.

The image just popped into my head. It would be so cool! :smiley:

Anyway, looking great. Maybe you should change some materials in the environment… the door should prolly be a different color, and the objects on the door should be more reflective… Good job, can’t wait to see the final render!

–Colin

Weirdhat, now you only need to slap a Wal-Mart logo on that bag.

I think the label I have on it right now is funnier, though it’s difficult to tell what it says.

A 10-second clip combining 3D and video. An old lady is watering her garden, and suddenly, on the street behind her, this vehicle (with nobody in it) rolls slowly past. The lady stops to watch it go by, and then returns to her gardening.

I’d love to make a video with this, but it would take weeks to render. Maybe someday if I get a renderfarm, heh.

the door should prolly be a different color

Why? That’s the color of my house.

Well, this render took 7 hours, which is quite a bit faster than I expected, which means I have plenty of time for tweaking it. :slight_smile:

Looks great. Thats all I can really say.

That’s great! I think the single most importent thing in this render is the ruber duck :smiley:

I think it needs lots of sunlight, with the umbrella and everything.