well?

I wish to know what you think of my werewolf? i havent added the eyes yet and im still trying to figure out how to do fur but other thatn that i am well on my way to creating my werewolf.

Attachments

He still seems kinda blocky if you ask me (up the vertices or the subsurf…best chance is more vertices)…and his legs seem more like table legs than actual wolf legs. Also, not to say tooo much, but your bottom half doesn’t seem to even be part of the upper half, I am not sure…but something is sceaming out to me!!! Good start though…keep the updates coming.

–
Greg

Its like a toy,good try.Keep it :wink:

Yes, it’s a little too blocky, start to pull vertices around so that you can get a more rounded finish, the arms can also do with smoothing off as well, they just look like they’ve been stuck on. The head’s fine, but the torso needs more definition and also needs to flow a lot more easily into the legs (which, I must note, has no crotch from what I see). Apart from that it seems like a very good try at a character model. You’ve obviously had put a lot of effort into this. Put a little more work into it and it’ll be the bane of everyone.

well what do yous think about the eye?

Attachments

The eye’s pretty good. I’d turn my attention to the werewolf, though. It’s pretty good for a beginner, I mean, I honestly remember my first 3d model and it wasn’t pretty. So, while you should take these people’s advice and look into what they’re saying(especially re: the legs), you shouldn’t try and absorb it all at once or you’ll feel overwhelmed.

It’s not looking bad, keep on slogging.

thanks for the advice and ill keep everyone posted

theres enough crits here so ill just say good job so far.

I rounded him off a bit more and gave him a sort of rough fur test. I’d like to know what you think.

Attachments

I wouldn’t bother experimenting with fur until you’re really really done modelling, cause no no-one can see anything.

but if no one can see anything does the modelling have to be that good?

Let me answer the question by asking one: why bother modelling the body of a man only to cover it with clothing?

Answer? Because you need to have the underlying geometry in order to have the cloth move somewhat naturally. If the body wasn’t there, what does the cloth have to react with? Excatly the same case here. True, what’s the point of modelling something that no-body can see? The answer is that any flaws the model may or may not have is magnified when you use particles, and remember, particles in Blender base themselves on the geometry underneath, so if the model is too blocky the particles will create a fluffy, but very blocky shape. You have to bear this in mind.

1 Like

And anyway, not modeling something well is cheap. :stuck_out_tongue:

point proven.

well what do you think about this model

the new model

Attachments

That one looks alot better, i like the muscles, and of course the shape of the modell

Oh, that’s a lot better! Very well defined and the boxy look has finally gone! Now you can start with other things in mind now!

it is abit too deformed here since it is too large.here is a pic of what i am talking about:
http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1775623/0/nouser_1775/T1_-1_1775623.jpg