What are your favourite books?

Heyall.
My favourite books are:

-Western: ‘Riders of the Purple Sage’ by Zane Grey

-Fantasy: ‘Lord of the Rings Trilogy’ and ‘The Hobbit’ by JRR Tolkien <duh>

-Adventure/Mystery: the ‘Alex Rider’ series by Anthony Horowitz; and ‘Corsair’ by Clive Cussler.

What are your favourite [fiction] books?

The Dragon books of Dragonlance series, which are far better than LOTR , and the War of the Brothers books which are also part of the Dragonlance universe. Restlin is the best character I have found in a book ever.

Scifi: 1984 by George Orwell, Monalisa Overdrive and Neuromancer by William Gibson, Slaughter House Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Asimov’s Foundation Series, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, The Clockwork Orange and the list goes on…

Fantasy: LOTR Trilogy and The Hobbit, The Kane Chronicles and The Heroes Of Olympus by Rick Riordan…

Misc : The God Delusion and The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins, and many others…I love Reading Books…!

Cool!
I forgot to mention, I also am a big fan of classics such as ‘Huck Finn’ and ‘Tom Sawyer’ by Mark Twain,
and also ‘20 000 Leagues under the Sea’ and ‘Moby Dick’ by Jules Verne.

Nice buddy…thats one of my favorite too…20000 leagues under the sea…Keep reading, and in few years you will have a loads of visual Library in your head to make awesome concepts in blender or just through any means…and considering your age!!( which I happen to know!, from where??) you will have a great creative times ahead…good luck…

Another cool one is ‘Jock of the Bushveld’ by Percy Fitzpatrick (I live in South Africa, so :wink: )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/02/JockOfTheBushveld.jpg/200px-JockOfTheBushveld.jpg

I also like ‘Black Wind’ by Clive Cussler

I always find Where’s Wally a good read…has a great storyline :wink:

The Xanth Trilogy, starting with A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony was a favorite of mine when I was younger. I like all that was mentioned before as well.
Also the Dune series by Frank Herbert was really inspiring when I first started drawing.

@ peter 18
At last!! someone who appreciates a good book! Its great to see another Wally fan!
@ Craig Jones
I still want to read some of the Dune books… Haven’t gotten around to that yet tho :frowning:

Another good read is ‘Groosham Grange’ (Comedy) by A. Horowitz.

For the Ultra-Classic buffs out there, Homer’s ‘Iliad’ is a good one. I was actually surprised how good it was.

Harold and the Purple Crayon.

Rumble Fish and Where the Red Fern Grows

I don’t read too much fiction but I really got into “A Song of Fire and Ice” series due to Game of Thrones. I’d never even heard of it beforehand. I normally just have art and programming books.

I liked “The currents of space.” A girl takes pity on a simple minded man who could not care for himself , But he was not simple, he had a brain wipe that did not keep and he started to remember. By Issac Asimov.
Its not my favorite. My favorite is the most popular, so I posted this book, I liked it alot.

Yup. i know what you’re talking about :wink:

BTW, when I was younger (even now once in a while) I read the William series (By Richmal Crompton) a lot. Really good books those…

I like the Dan Brown series a lot, they give the right amount of fiction I need in my life.

I tend to like a lot of Middle grade fiction books actually. Some of my favorites were:

A Series Of Unfortunate Events (By Lemony Snicket)
The Secret Series (by Pseudonymous Bosch)
May Bird series (By Jodi Lynn Anderson [or I think that’s her name]).
Dancing Meteorite and it’s sequel: The Stolen Law (an obscure Sci-Fi series written in the early 80’s. by an Anne Mason)
And a few other Sci-Fi books here and there.

and then, my real favorite:
TFAFTD :smiley: (Okay…yes It’s my own story…but heck! Anything I write will usually be my most favorite anyways).

The Bible of the Gaming Industry
http://i.imgur.com/xRMB0B6.jpg

^^ WOW! I gotta get that book!