What are your five favorite/most hated films?

I like finding out people’s favorite and most hated films. Mine are:

Most Liked

1. Cube
  2. Pi
  3. Sunset Blvd./The Manchurian Candidate/Casablanca/Singin’ In The Rain
  4. Memento
  5. The Apartment/Some Like It Hot

(Yes, there are 9, but I liked them too much to rank individually)

Most Hated:

1. Planet Of The Apes (2001)
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. The Mummy (1999)
  4. The 6th Day
  5. Evolution

most hated

1-AI (artificial intelligence)
2-Snow dogs (trash)
3-Austin Powers (super trash)
4-Ready 2 Rumble (sux)
5-Arachnid
6-Ed tv(super sux)
7-encino man(sux big time)
8-George of the jungle(hell,what a crap!)
9-The Flintstones(please shoot me!!!)
10-Blue Ships (the big dumb Shaq…uuuuughhhhh!Lakers SUX!!!)

AAAAAHHHHHH what a relief! :slight_smile:

ps: i know you said 5,but there is so much junk out there!

AI wasn’t the best film ever, but I liked it better than any other film from last summer. Did you hate it because you wanted to cry near the end?

cause it sux! the worst movie ever…someone got to shoot the creator.Even Resident Evil was better! :slight_smile:

Hahahaha

My opinions :slight_smile:
Ai was pretty good. Loved that movie.
Hmm, Snow dogs - havent seen yet
Austin Powers - LOVED that movie, one of my favorites
Enjoyed edtv, wouldnt rank it too highly or too low
Encino man was awesome
George of the Jungle was great
Flintstones was ok

Um, memento rocked
cube and pi are pretty good
I like the star wars series
lord of the rings was surprisingly good
12 monkeys
time bandits
monty python and the holy grail
Gattaca and Dark city
Nightmare before christmas
The toy story movies
The FIRST time machine (even though its kind of cruddy, I loved it)
etc etc etc

Im sure I could think of more. I love movies too much to rate them really.
And I never seem to remember the stinkers, although:
The Avengers, and
Monty Python and the Meaning of Life
were both pretty aweful.

If you were not a new member you’d know that this poll was already been made :stuck_out_tongue:

Favourites:
1 - 2001 A Space Odissey(Kubrick 1968)
2 - Young Frankenstein (Brooks 1974)
3 - Metropolis (Lang 1927)
4 - The Mummy (Freund 1933)
5 - Star Wars (Lucas 1977)

Stefano

Hmmmm

best?

1: Jaws (soooooo good)
2:Mystery Science Theater 3000 (only if you’ve seen it will you undertand)
3: Evil dead 2/ Army of darkness
4: The shawshank redemption
5: Aliens
6:2001: A space Oddesy
7:Spider-man!
8:Hard Boiled
9: Ring (japanese horror… incredibly scary)
10:Jurassic Park (for amazing effects and making me want a pet dinosaur)

Worst?
Well, unless you have seen Mystery Science Thater 3000 (MST3K) you have no clue what a bad movie is (No, the movie mst3k is good, but the premis is that a guy and two robots in outer space are made to watch the worst movies of all time, and they make fun of them. The movies they watch are soooooooooo BAD! used to be a show on sci fi channel. sad its gone, so i will stick mainstream bad movies.

10: Romeo and Julliete
9:Predator
8:Anything with Paulie Shore
7: Titanic
6:The Phantom menace
5:Anything by ed wood (no crap)
4: The devils advocate
3: Jaws 3
2: Jaws 4 (the revenge!)
1:citizen Kane (joking) Ummmm… probably Batman and Robin… OY!

OK … best 1st:

1. 2001 A Sapce Odessy
  2. The Andromeda Strain
  3. Force 10 (The Bridges of Navarone)
  4. Saving Private Ryan (not a big fan of the story, but the attention to details!)
  5. The Thirteenth Warrior.

Worst…
5. 2010…(maybe i shouldn’t have read the book 1st)
4. Wild Wild West
3. Starship Troopers
2. Armageddon

1. hmmmm…there’s sooo many…
    Striking Distance. very poor movie

I know it’s a weird list, but I have all this space in Mississippi…

The mind is a terrible thing to eat…

which you think is the most disturbing ever?

i vote for Hannibal. uuuuuggghhhhh! i’ll never watch it again. :x

Gargola: My brother says he threw up when he was watching it, and he can usually stand films like that. I think it sounds kind of hunger-inducing… I never have tried new things… oh, wait, sorry, am I making you sick?

misterMel_Q: I might know some things about movies, and maybe I just haven’t heard of them, but what are “Striking Distance” and “Wild Wild West?” (I only wish I were serious…)

Nayman: I’m probably going to get everyone against me by saying this, but… Jaws was not that good a film! MST3K is really funny, though. (You’re talking about the movie, where they watched “This Island Earth?”) I decided not to use those types of films for the bad ones because of the same reason as you: Not everyone will know what I mean. Ring… don’t you mean “Ringu,” that film where people watched a videotape and died exactly a week later? I haven’t seen it, but I like to use a random title thing and got to that one. Sounds like it’s weird!

S68: I know they’ve done that thing before, but when I looked at one, it was a poll. Polls are boring: They’re limited to those films given to you. Anyway, “Metropolis” was kind of dull, but it was really interesting for a silent film. Oh, and… “Frahnk-N-steen”

Saluk: Since you haven’t seen “Snow Dogs,” my brother told me that Cuba Gooding Jr.'s character has bleu cheese–in his cookies! Austin Powers was pretty stupid. I guess I’m not the type for that.

Gargola: AI was cool. They managed to have an excuse for the special effects, the story was incredible, and the film just flat out beat any other summer film. “Resident Evil…” What’s that? Isn’t that some “Night Of The Living Dead” thing? I’m acting kind of strange, aren’t I?

I just saw “Waking Life.” Some parts could have been removed, but overall, that was probably the best film of last year. That’s at #2, tied with “Pi.” (3.14159265358979…)

but does anybody got any movie more disturbing than Hannibal? leaving out the cannibal ones,uuuuuugggghhhhh!..he he! :wink:

Im sorry but i just have to back up my man Paul verhoeven here,
and ask why misterMel_Q put Starship troopers on #3 of his worst list?
(photo models fighting big bugs man! and a nice little look at fascism
and media manipulation)
not a big fan of robocop either i guess ? :slight_smile:

In the disturbed factor, hahaha Hannibal disturbing hahaha boy o boy
first R rated movie for you ? Try checking out movies like “Requiem for a dream” and “Battle Royale”. Hahaha i just cant stop laughing about Hannibal (He ate his own brains for crying out loud!).

Onto the next topic, AI and good ? comeon, anyone who ever saw a kubrick film (Give or take Eyes wide shut) knows spielberg screwed AI up badly, (keep yer happy ending).

Oh and Cube, had a nice opening, but the gimmick wore off kinda fast,
and theyre making a second one (dearlord)

Allright as for my Good list, its just in random orders, i like them all.

-Se7en
-Aliens
-Office space
-Ghostdog way of the samurai
-Starship troopers
-The big Lebowski
-Hard boiled
-Leon, extended version(or as you americans get it, The Professional)
-seven samurai
-Mallrats

Then again its all comes down to taste :slight_smile:
i dont really have a list of worst movies, i try to look at all possible movies and be openminded, and most of them have elements that are quite nice (the fx in AI for example) but that just cant save bad acting and directing.

hmmm

I will also just give my best movie list instead (random order):

Corruptor
Lock Stock and 2 smoking barrels
Snatch
Predator
15 minutes
Boondock Saints

and I am sure there are alot more I want to put in this list but which I can’t find in these pos I call a memory right now.

Greets,
Timothy

Hi blenderheads!

Here are my favourites, in no particular order:

• Clerks
  • Swingers
  • Matrix
  • Toy Story I & II
  • Magnificent seven
  • Xaver, mein ausserirdischer Freund (german trash :wink: )
  • The Great Rock’n’Roll Swindel
  • Fight Club
  • The Great Dictator
  • Breakfast Club

Most hated: (uhm, that’s hard. You tend to forget the bad things):

• Batman
  • Seven
  • Every Bond w/o Connery or Moore
  • Living on the Edge
  • Most Sequels
  • … (Maybe I come back later to add some more)

Schlops: “Livin’ on the Edge…” I’d rather have “Livin’ in the Fridge.” (Sorry, I’m just being weird.)

Kib_Tph: “Corruptor…” what’s that? Oh, and you seem to have a thing for Guy Ritchie, I think his name is?

SLID3: The opening of “Cube” was cool, but the film got better and better. (Especially the ending, where you --ending gets spoiled–find out nothing about who built the cube…) There wasn’t really a gimmick (are you talking about sticking people into things for no reason), so what are you talking about? Oh, and how can you laugh at a guy eating his own brains? That’s actually a delicious treat! Oh, “Battle Royale” sounds plain evil (those students don’t seem to deserve it–but I haven’t seen it), and “Requiem For A Dream” sounds like it’s talking about things we know about. (At least in “Pi” Darren Arofonsky talked about complex mathematical theories–my favorite type of film, one that involves math.) “Starship Troopers” just sounds like it sucks (and what do special effects and comments that might not have been intended have to do with it). “AI” was the best film from last summer (spring: “Moulin Rouge,” summer: “AI: Artificial Intelligence,” fall: “Waking Life,” winter: “A Beautiful Mind”), and was way, way, way, way, way, way, way more than just pretty CGI.

Gargola: “Hannibal” sounds way too sick for me to watch. (Note: I like to THINK during movies, not get grossed out.) As for disturbing, well, the traps in “Cube,” the disembodied brain in “Pi” (although there it was B&W, so it probably looks less gross), and a self-burning scene, a talk about what a prisoner will do to the people who imprisoned him, and a bar talk that ends up killing two men in “Waking Life” are probably the most disturbing things I’ve seen.

one more for the liked movies:
scary movie 1

one more for the hated movies:

fight club(what a trash!!!)

i’ll be adding more to the hated movies,cause as i said before,there is so much junk out there! :smiley:

i didnt like fight club ewither

real pretentious.

And i thinnk its called ring, not ringu.

Also, yes, jaws is that good, and mst3k is too funny for words

His name is Tyler Durdan (or something like that :P)
His name is Tyler Durdan
His name is Tyler Durdan

I have seen a few scary answers in this thread. Some (I said some, so don’t bite my head off) of you either have really poor taste of haven’t seen too many really good movies.

Some of my favorite movies (not my top 5 necessarily, I have alot of movies I like and don’t really know how I would go about rating them from the top down personally). Anyhow, in no particular order:

Some of the best:

1. The Usual Suspects

2. Leon (aka The Professional)

3. City of Lost Children

4. Carlito’s Way

5. American Beauty

Some of the worst:

1. Leonard Part 6

2. I’m Gonna Git You Sucka

3. Spawn (but the effects were quite good)

4. Glitter

5. Anything in the Iron Eagle series (though I did enjoy the first movie when I was about 16 :slight_smile: )

SatoriGFX.