What could I contribute to this blender community?

Hello Somebody.

I am working on my second project in blender. I am new to both blender and the world of 3d. The project is a sculpt of Aang.

In searching for learning resources, I have not found free resources that explain how to sculpt a head step by step and my progress with the resources that I could grab has peaked. I noticed cgcookie and realized that it could be a great resource for both the project completion and further learning progress.

I wish to afford a cgcookie subscription so I am interested in what I could do for this community to gain support. I have done some brainstorming but would like to get some feedback.

1. A compilation of 100 tutorials from freely available resources (text, or non-textual) into a book. Each tutorial is a step-by-step process from the default cube to an end result indicating prerequisites and tutorial source. (I know a little latex).

2. A game consisting of 100 levels of challenges testing fundamental skills relating to modeling, animation and rendering. Because it tests core blender skills, there will be a simulation of part of the blender interface (I do a little coding).

Welcome :tada:…

I don’t know if i understand this correctly… but…

The BlenderCookie community ??? AFAIK you can’t… because they have a subscription plan but also

…offer a fair 30-day money-back guarantee. For more details, read our full refund policy.

…or you just may ask them ???

This said :

…soo… you are new to blender (and 3D in general )… and want to somehow review (?) 100 tutorials about blender… ?? And make a (E- ??) book… which would be outdated… (just have a look about new blender from today on ethe biggest video platform out there)… when you are finished ??

…or make game a with 100 levels… (so you also know that game engine…??) … :thinking: how would “test” this “core blenders skills”… ohh you just want to make 100 tutorials ??? ( but you are new to… i don’t get it…)

…annnddd… you can’t find… anything… about head sculpting… in blender…

I envy your enthusiasm… but you may thing about this… twice or even more… what reasons would make anyone wish to “follow” you ?? Since:

Of course this could change over time… when you know more about this… so:

Happy blending and good luck…

5 Likes