What do you think is the Meaning Of Life?

What is the
MEANING
OF
LIFE?

I don’t know, I just think I’m way too bored and have nothing else to do than learn of other people’s philosophies.

I’m not sure about anyone else, but I’m suggesting for cube a private forum with padded walls :wink:

I agree.

As to the question. I think the meaning of like has to do with fish…

Fish? Nah… platipi (Hrmm… is that the plural of platypus?). I think if you can figure out who the heck created those things, you’ll have your answer.

Imp

The purpose of life is to survive long enough to make more life.

Yeah! Go out and multiply!

That’s why I’m studying math, it’s the meaning of life :wink:

The purpose of life is to survive long enough to make more life.

then the new life does the same… thus begins the endless cycle of meaningless offspring lives :wink:

i agree with valar king, theres something about fish that really makes me think =[/quote]

Nah you are all wrong, it’s not about fish, it’s about monkeys.

and maybe about all the little hamsters that power our servers and computers.

figure that out and it explains everything.

that’s the meaning of life for CubeFan. :stuck_out_tongue:

Webster defines life as:

The quality that distinguishes a vital and functional being from a dead body.

This is only 1 of 18 different definitions listed under the word life and there are 4 more under a second “life” entry in the Dictionary by Webster.

I would say, the meaning of life is quite ambiguous and open to interpretation. So, make up something that satisfies your imagination.

I don’t have enough time to seriously contemplate life’s meaning, I’m having enough trouble just dealing with it.

According To Monty Python:

“People don’t wear enough hats.”

According to me:

Similar to “Cube.” You don’t know where you’re going or why you’re here, but you have to accept it. Oh, and the doors resemble making choices about life: Many choices will take you down a bad road, but choosing it correctly will make life easier.

According to Fran Kubelik (“The Apartment”):

“Shut up & deal.”

Joe Gillis (“Sunset Blvd.”): “People don’t know someone sits down and writes a picture; they think the actors make it up as they go along.”

Me again: "It’s a miserable series of unrelated events. You know, kind of like the new “Outer Limits.”

Everybody: “Get CubeFan973 a padded cell, and life will be easier.”

Euclid, the computer from “Pi”: 941432434315126593210548723904868285129134748760 276719592346023858295830472501652325259296925727655364363462727 184012012643147546329450127847264841075622347896267285928582953 47502772262646456217613984829519475412398501 (you kind of have to see “Pi”)

My religion: “To marry, have children, and live without sin.”

Me: “sdrawkcab etirw”

My brother: “To be nice to other people.” (At least until he remembered Python.)

Microsoft: “Make money, then make more, then throw in 17,576 billion bugs so people will buy patches that fix them–along with more bugs, to buy more patches, and thus make more money.”

Me: “Be lazy in the sense of your whole body moving. Work only with your hands. Use Blender, make a little money, and try to live happily ever after.”

Me: “Create useless posts on off-topic forums.”

Bill & Ted: “Be excellent to each other. PARTY ON, DUDES!”

Self-burning man: “Let my own lack of a voice be heard.” (burns self)

Pinball-playing man: “Phillip K. DIck is right about time (that we’re being fooled by a demon to forget that it’s still 50 AD), but he’s wrong about 50 AD. Actually, there’s only one instant, and it’s right now. And it’s eternity. And it’s an instant in which God is posing a question: “Do you want to be one with the universe? Do you want to be in heaven?” And we’re all saying, “No thank you, not just yet.” And this is the story of everybody’s life: That behind the phenomanal difference, it’s the story of moving from the ‘no’ to the ‘yes.’”

Me: “Watch good movies and burn bad ones. Hitler didn’t interpret it right.”

Someone take away cubefan’s VCR and/or DVD player… PLEASE!!!

Someone take away cubefan’s VCR and/or DVD player… PLEASE!!!

or his PC and most of all: prevent him from appraoching any internet related device… :slight_smile:

I may also offer this: have him go to a psychologist see what sort of connections he’s got in his cortex.

Dani (who am i? where do i come from? where am i going to?)

I’d rather see someone explain the meaning of liff. Just remembered that Douglas Adams already has, but I’ve forgotten what it was. Maybe it did have something to do with fish.

But from a serious point of view - the problem itself is wrongfully approached. The reason is that you really should be asking what the meaning of ‘meaning’ is. That’s the real queastion. And since it cannot be objectively answered in this context, there’s no point discussing it.

As for padded cells and such - it’s a good suggestion. Warm and cosy as well. :smiley:

blah blah blah

/me goes back to reading Camus

Martin

Agrees

/me goes back to reading Calculus

If you guys take away that stuff, I’ll hit you on the head and throw you straight to Argentina or Brazil or Mars or somewhere that you’ve never been before!

(A padded cell would be nice, though, if you let me go online and watch DVDs!)

MEANING OF LIFE:

“What is the meaning of life?”

What does it mean to you?
That’s as good an answer as any.

Perhaps a better question would be
What is the true nature of existance?

You’re all wrong I tells ya.

The meaning of life can only be found in the negative space of a pretzel. Thats right, a pretzel…ah yes…its all falling into place now…

Chocolate-covered pretzel, anyone?

Mmmm… pretzels…