What do You think?

Hi all, looking for critiques :slight_smile: For this outside render.

2 Likes

Is it all made with Blender? If so - great work! There’s nothing more I could’ve added to that, except, maybe, for a depth of field, pointing straightly on that house in the distance? Just thinking out loud…

Maybe a path of some sort leading to the house? Right now it looks great, but the house feels like it was plopped down in the middle of the field as an act of god, rather than being a place that people might really use.

1 Like

Hi BigRonnyV,

Here my two cents (from someone who’s still learning).

• I would improve the overall composition. The trees on the left are too dominant and cover the background too much.
  • Textures are too clean. In 3D renderings, it’s very difficult to simulate realistically ambient occlusion and “dirtness”. A simple trick is to use texture more “grungy” than they should be.
  • Trees and grass are too uniform. Maybe using different variations of the same tree will work. Also adding more types of gress should do the trick.

Hope this help!

Thanks all for commenting, I’ve got to do some work!

After a few adjustments (Thanks!) I think I’ll continue with the interior.

2 Likes

This looks great! I would add two things.

One, change the lighting to an HDRi, specifically one that isn’t at ‘high noon.’
For example, one like this:

HDRi tutorial:

Second, I’d add some sort of atmospheric effect to add some realism:

A slight volumetric, mist pass in the Compositor, or a few alpha-translucent image planes will do the trick nicely.

“High noon” lighting is somewhat ugly compared to late afternoon or early morning lighting.

1 Like

Added some fog/mist/haziness and lighting is more afternoon.

1 Like