What driver do you use for Nvidia Geforce 6800

Hello,
My uv-mapped textures are banding in the 3d window and game engine, and I suspect its the driver. I’m currently using version 77.79, released Sept. 27, 2005.
Before I spend the time downloading 20 different versions to find one where it doesn’t occur, would you tell me what driver version you are using?
Thanks,
-Brian

theres a new 81.94 driver out for nvidia try it

Are you sure your banding isn’t caused by the color depth ie. make sure you are running at 24/32 bits per pixel.

GreyBeard

Hello GreyBeard, Flurp,
I will try the new driver when I get home from work tonight. The card doesn’t support 24 bit; but it is running at 32 bit. I have also tried changing the display resolution, hardware acceleration, and every Open-GL setting I could find. Also, toggeling mimap off makes it look worse.
-Brian

I’m not sure if it’ll work, but I think and I’ve heard that driver 56.67(or something close) is the best driver.

Hello again,
I uninstalled my drivers and tried a few different ones, including the latest beta, 81.87. I couldn’t find an 81.94 version. I also tried some of the older ones, like the 61.76; which is the oldest one I could find for a 6800.
Blender actually looked the best with absolutely no banding at all when I completely uninstalled Nvidia’s drivers. The display resolution was set to 640x480 with a color depth of 8 bit. I have no idea what display driver it was using when I did this, but for some reason the Nvidia driver automatically reinstalled after about a minute from start-up. Every time I uninstall it, it reinstalls itself after a minute, and produces the banding.
So I can use Blender for that session with no banding, but the interface is terribly slow and looks poor.
Any ideas come to mind?

After several weeks of trying to fix this, I decided to replace my card with a Qudro FX 1300. I have installed the latest drivers and I am now happy blending with no banding!

Thanks for the help everyone,
-Brian