What is my mistake in creating the uv map of the lantern?

I am trying to make a uv lantern for substance painter use, but I keep running into problems. enter image description here

enter image description here

this is uv map of this lantern
After separating the seams, I encounter gaps in the SP, it looks like a hard joint, but without separating into seams, it does not work out to make the correct UV map.enter image description here

enter image description here
uv without manually specified seams (I used the smart uv project function)enter image description here I would be very grateful if someone could tell me what to do. maybe someone can suggest good guides for creating uv? I certainly found a few videos on YouTube, but they are all very superficial and almost useless.

The goal is “to unwrap it with the least amount of visible seams”.

If the scene isn’t animation, I would unwrap UV after setting up the camera.

In Substance, did you bake your maps first? UV, Cavity, AO etc…

Also, in substance, I’ve found that natural seams often look much more pronounced in painter than they do when exported back into Blender.

Yes, I bake all the maps first.

These are the future assets for the game. I do not fully know how they will be located exactly, but thanks for the advice to divide into fewer parts.

In Blender, can you make a new image texture, and set the type to one of the grids - either the color one, or the BW one, and then show what it looks like in Blender. It’s always a good idea to inspect it first to make sure there are no nasty surprises before Substance…

This is actually the very reason why I am using sp. They use smart materials to hide most seams, but this does not work in all objects.

I still can’t figure out how best to make seams on cylindrical surfaces.

After the automatic UV in SP, the result is noticeably better, although you can see that the UV map is slightly distorted. (2nd screenshot)

Before that, I used the function without redistributing the seams, and if you use automatic selection, the texture is noticeably distorted in the upper and lower parts.

Your UV is not ideal, but its not terrible either.
Make margins between islands, straighten those cylindrical surfaces

how does Your highpoly looks like?

Did you try tri-planar projection?

are you talking about the cylindrical part?

Yes, I was…any part that is cylindrical.

high poly looks like this.