What is the best learning path to learn 3d animation for a beginner blender user?

I really want to learn animation in blender. I know I have to learn the basics first. I’m now learning rigging from dikko. So someone please recommend some animation course for beginners (foundation) so that I can do after i learned some rigging. Also some courses you’d recommend after the beginner one.

Edit: That needn’t be free course.

Welcome to BA :slight_smile: the single best animation course for Blender is this one, no question:

Keep using Dikko as well, his tutorials are also top notch

2 Likes

Yeahh! Thnx . But will it be good for beginners. Like it seems quite intimidating.

1 Like

It is really good for beginners, he breaks things down and explains how to use all the animation tools at first. The first few units are just talking about the tools, and explaining how animation works in Blender- perfect for beginners. Two caveats- he has a thick accent, which can be a little tricky to work with, but all of the videos have subtitles, so that helps a lot. Also, later in the course, there are a lot of time-lapses where he’s working fairly quickly without much explanation. You might want to spend some time going over the first three or four units repeatedly before moving on. He gives you all the tools you need to understand what he’s doing later, just spend some time learning and reviewing those tools before moving ahead :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation! Gotta learn rigging fast…

1 Like

Dikko has a good rigging tutorial that’s free on their YouTube. P2 Design Academy also has a rigging course, it’s very good. Here’s another really good free one, if you are using Rigify:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdcL5aF8ZcJv68SSdwxip33M7snakl6Dx

1 Like

Yeahhh! Thanx a lot…you are great man… i will message you when needed. Thanks once again.

1 Like

I have a fairly extensive collection of tutorials for pretty much any subject, I’ve for sure spent too much time watching tutorials and not enough time doing stuff :wink: But yeah if you need course/tutorials recommendations, let me know, I should be able to help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah! This website has a really quick response which I couldn’t in discord or other communities. I’ve seen ur work on animation. You are doing great

1 Like

Joseph says - in my eyes - here something so important! Although watching tutorials and even understanding them does not mean that you can do it. Because doing something yourself is something totally different. If you do it, you will really learn it, learn even more and memorize it. So if you really wanna learn something “for real”, you should at least rebuild the tutorial you saw in Blender. Next step would be to change some things you saw and not “just” rebuild. And “last” step might be to use the principle but build something totally different.

3 Likes

To add to this already excellent advice- my usual routine for following a tutorial at this point is to go through the tutorial once, trying to replicate it, then use the principles I just learned to do it again with an entirely different end result. For animation-specific tutorials, this is less applicable, since you just have one rig you’re working with; so I tend to follow the tutorial exactly, then delete all my keyframes and start over, challenging myself to do as much as I can without the tutorial. I usually do each exercise three times, deleting all my keyframes each time and starting from scratch.

4 Likes