What is the best way for me to be a successful 3D artist?

I saw a post minutes ago where a guy wanted to know what was the best college that used blender and through the answers I found that I have to learn new programs besides blender, but I do not know which programs I should learn, which are the most used for 3d jobs, so you can give me a direction.
I’ve been using blender for 5 years, I’m average in blender, I’m Brazilian, I’ve only been able to improve my computer with an rtx 3050 and now I’m dedicated to learning English.
So I wanted you to give me a direction, so I could work as a 3d modeler or 3d artist, if possible that you would point me to a school that makes 3D professionals, it doesn’t have to be in the Portuguese language.
Aquir this the guy’s pegunta
What are some on-campus colleges that use Blender? - General Forums / Blender and CG Discussions - Blender Artists Community

What is the best way for me to be a successful 3D artist?

Be “born” to do it. Not taught.

1 Like

To be a good 3D artist, you must be a good artist.
This means mastering the fundamentals of art, composition and lighting and form, and being able to those in 2D as well as 3D.

You also need a solid understanding of 3D - Blender, yes, but you’ll probably need more than that. What industry do you want to go into? Games? VFX? Both have different skills required and use different softwares. If you want to get into games, for example, you’ll need to learn Unity and Unreal, as well as rigging and baking and UV mapping.

To be a paid 3D artist, you need several more soft skills:

The ability to translate an abstract concept into a finished model
The ability to work quickly and efficiently
The ability to work on things you don’t enjoy or have a natural aptitude for
The ability to take criticism and be willing to let go of an idea, an interpretation, or even your work
The ability to deliver something that isn’t perfect but is good enough and fits within the timetable and budget

Fortunately, all of those skills can be learned and practiced. Those soft skills in particular are what will get you hired- yes, you need a good portfolio, but if you don’t have those soft skills, your portfolio won’t get you far. These industries are tightly-knit, and if it gets out that you can’t work on a team or take criticism or deliver on time, you’re done in that industry, you’re not getting any more jobs or interviews.

1 Like

Most people look for jobs, but you can also be an entrepreneur.
Just to give another extra option. The story is very different.