What is the most bat-guano-insane thing in Blender that you can't believe they haven't fixed yet?

Mist and depth pass problem with alpha masks.

1 Like

i dont know how is this called in technical term, but is impossible to create this non destructively type of bevel in the modifier but only manually in edti mode like this https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/223763/bevel-inner-edge-issue

1 Like

It’s not a fix, but for a workaround to this problem, check out this method:

5 Likes

Show gizmo while transforming.

C’mon, I mean c’mon… :tired_face:

2 Likes

hi… thank you very much… I’ll try with my scene.

Very useful, still lefting problems with trees near of the camera, but ok.

Leaf alpha mask get max depth value, ignoring tree trunk and background terrain.

Thank you again.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a hack, so it doesn’t work perfectly :frowning: I’m not really sure how you would fix those problems…

1 Like
  1. Not being able to rotate bones around their actual pivot in edit mode using local space (seriously, I haven’t seen something this bad anywhere else)
  2. Not being able to change bone’s direction (vector of the tip) or get rid of the tip completely

You mean ‘ALT-F’? Or have I missunderstood what you meant here?

greetings, Kologe

This seems to be fixed from 3.0

1 Like
  1. Creating a stable Bend modifier, similar to Maya’s. The “Simple Deform” is very outdated and barely useful. A simple line, with a visualization of the direction, magnitude and angle of the bend.
  2. Viewport colors to objects (like Emptys, Lattices, Etc.) instead of the unified black.
7 Likes

So, as I am using Blender since a while now, I didn’t notice it, even at my start.

But I get more and more case where people just don’t know how to free cam around the scene, when they first came into Blender.

So I think, we should add a note after the start (like the popup main thing which show the version), to indicate you have to use the middle mouse to free cam.
(and they can add an option to disable it, not to show again, by exemple)

It may seem stupid, but I think it could make a lot easier the life of total begginers

I disagree that your post fits in this topic but I do agree that that unprecedented number of total beginners in the Blender world justifies some kind of “beginner friendly mode” that integrates some kind of intro tutorial directly into the UI.

2 Likes

Yeah you’re right, didn’t see it was more about “fixing” in this topic :+1:

sorry for that

No, I mean being able to choose which vector aims down the bone. But it’s tightly related to the first problem I had. Generally I’m amazed that the new animation revamping plans do not even mention reworking the armature so that it matches the standards of common game engines.

It isn’t…

blender_2022-03-09_18-12-12

2 Likes

do other animation focused programs match the game engines or do they match the other animation focused programs?

Ah, sorry, I thought you were talking about navigation gizmos.

2 Likes

What does it matter? The concept of “bone” deformer in animation is very simple and is shared across every program out there.

It matters because if the game engines do it one way and Maya/Max/Modo/etc do it another way, then I think it would be best if Blender copied Maya instead of copying Unreal.