What is your favorite kind of music to listen to?

I really like music, and I was wondering what everyone else liked.

My favorite music is classical piano music (especially Impressionism and Ragtime).

This is my favorite piece: Maple Leaf Rag

So, what do you like?

Im a junglist raver, so drum and bass, UK style of course, im listening to
‘ed rush and optical’ and ‘pendulum’ (another planet- heavy tune), im partial to a bit of good ol’ 60’s music though. 8)

playlist right now includes:

grateful dead

jeff buckley <---- who if you haven’t ever heard him, purchase “Grace” you will not be dissapointed http://www.jeffbuckley.com/ AMAZING

radiohead
cranberries
talking heads
modest mouse
particle
disco biscuits
Led Zeppelin
Allman Brothers

I listen to everything from classical to death metal and all the stuff in between. Some days I feel like a good jazz album and the next I will put in C.O.C.

The only music that I don’t like is country and rap music. Not that they are bad forms, but I just don’t care for them. Also, not that I don’t like all country, I really like Willy Nelson and Johnny Cash.

BgDM

Ditto

Being a pianist myself, I like the music I play.

I played Maple Leaf Rag about a year ago, it’s pretty fun to play. Besides the grueling octaves it is pretty easy, I played it for my first year recital.

I also like Impressionism. Primarily French, although others, like Dalius are good too. Debussy’s fine but Ravel is 5x better. I’m working on some stuff from his Tombeau de Couperin and I hope to play his Gaspard de le Nuit. I got put in a French class in school so hopefully I won’t butcher the names when I say them any more.

simply put. I like to listen to good music. bad music never pleases me.

Wow. That was profound.
%|

I’ll listen to any kind of music, as long as it’s not gothic, or country. Gothic music is just bad and depressing, and country music is strictly a load of squawk-voiced love clichés that everybody is sick of.

Ditto

I played Maple Leaf Rag about a year ago, it’s pretty fun to play. Besides the grueling octaves it is pretty easy, I played it for my first year recital.

I also like Impressionism. Primarily French, although others, like Dalius are good too. Debussy’s fine but Ravel is 5x better. I’m working on some stuff from his Tombeau de Couperin and I hope to play his Gaspard de le Nuit. I got put in a French class in school so hopefully I won’t butcher the names when I say them any more.[/quote]

Wow valarking, you are like me (except for the fact that you can play the piano).

I really like Claude Debussy, and out of his songs I like Clair De Lune the most.

Christian music is what I usually listen to, though I also like country and classical music not to mention the music from the old 70’s and 80’s before they started pockmarking their music with R-rated material.

Ditto

I also like Impressionism. Primarily French, although others, like Dalius are good too. Debussy’s fine but Ravel is 5x better. I’m working on some stuff from his Tombeau de Couperin and I hope to play his Gaspard de le Nuit. I got put in a French class in school so hopefully I won’t butcher the names when I say them any more.[/quote]

Wow valarking, you are like me (except for the fact that you can play the piano).

I really like Claude Debussy, and out of his songs I like Clair De Lune the most.[/quote]

Debussy’s good but as a pianist I hear the Clair de Lune played SO MUCH. It’s way overplayed. You want good Debussy, check out the Images. The Reflets dans l’Deau and The Sunken Cathedral ones are the best. I like his Children’s Corner too. I played Doctor Gradus ad Parnassum from it.

However, you want real impressionism? Check out Ravel’s Jeux D’eau as performed by the magnificant Martha Argerich.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/horowitzscores/scores/
Filename: jeux_deau.mp3

Thankyou valarking!

Rock and Metal

I listen to Metallica,System of a Down and Slipknot.

I like them a lot!

Anyone here ever heard of Jon Schmidt? One of my favorite pianists. BTW . . . I really love piano (in case you couldn’t notice)

Definitely worth listening to all you piano buffs :D. It is really amazing because parts of the song is played with entire forearm! Sheet music is available to the song on his site as well, in case anyone wants to learn to play it :

http://www.jonschmidt.com/freestuff/all_of_me.pdf

I’m all over the map too. I used to be in band and now play guitar a little, so I like instrumental pieces, but I also enjoy popping Chevelle. I really like Coldplay, even though they haven’t released anything since forever. I can’t stand rap and country is slowly migrating over to pop.

If you like it there are better (albeit sometimes less accesible) pieces. His best IMHO is the one that’s regarded to be one of the most difficult piano solos. I already have a recording of its “sister” piece, Scarbo up on my previously linked site. Also an Argerich recording.