what kind of computer can i use for blender

Hello,

I’m blender user and i’ve a difficults with my computer during i install blender my computer goes more and more slowly and my question it’s to know what kind of configuration of the pc needs to have to use to blender without difficults. I’m wainting for your answer.

Thanks

hi lordgodgive,

the best way for us to help you and support your usage of Blender is to give us information about your current computer system, hardware, what OS, and especially your graphic card and what drivers for it…

thanks for using these boards!

pentium III / G4 / Athlon or better; 256 MB RAM or more; GeForce 1 or better. stay avay from ATI - blender still seems to have problems with them. WindowsXP, Mac OS 10.3.5 and Linux (don’t know details here) seem to be the platforms of choice.

I just started using Blender and learning CG/animation. I recently built a new computer using an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro video card, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor, 1 GB RAM, and 200 GB HD. Seems to work pretty well. Just finished rendering my first animation! It’s only 2 seconds of animation, but I’m proud. :wink:

I beg to differ. Blender runs just fine on my pentium 2 with a nvidia TNT and 128 MB of ram.
renders slowly, but the interface and modelling are just fine.

Hello

I agree with SamAdam

I’ve used to run Blender in a 400 mhz Celeron with a Geforce 2 mx and it was quite fast
up to 60 000polys ( well in Open Gl mode you need to be a little Zen)
Bye

With any program, especially a memory-intensive one like Blender … go out and buy as much RAM as your motherboard will hold. “Chips are cheap.”

On the contrary, compared to other 3D software, Blender is very much NOT memory hungry. Moreover, unless your memory starts swaping to disk, adding more won’t do much.

Martin