What kind of maps are these?

So I was watching some videos and saw some people that had these types of maps and wanted to know what they were. They are the types of maps that show reflections of a picture like this below.

Sorry for this being such a dumb newbie question I am trying to get into texturing Thanks

looks liike a sky map or angle map or HDRI map !


No I don;t think that;s it you use it for reflections off of stuff like car windows etc. (sorry don’t really know how to explain it)

Environment maps


YES that’s it thanks Richard sorry for the trouble