What kind of non-disclosure and confedentiality

agreements do you use when making games via a team online?

The team being a group of people from around the world?

How do you protect your assets when a member leaves? Meaning the ones that existed before and after member’s existence in the group and non-existance in the group.

I wanted to start a game, but it seems some problems can happen that I had not considered. And after reading another link here about confidentiality, it brought up a slew of questions.:eek:

How do you protect your assets when a member leaves? Meaning the ones that existed before and after member’s existence in the group and non-existance in the group.

Even with the best protection, in this situation, there is nothing you can do to protect your work if a team member leaves. The only thing that helps is the GPL License itself.

If the game is going to be for free. Forget all that mumbo jumbo stuff about protecting your assets from your own team members. Personally I was part of a project (now silently halted), and all the members were literally from different parts of the world. There was no problem with any of the people I had worked with.

You probably should to worry more about the important stuff like, are you up to the challenge, how good of a grasp of the GE do you have, how are you going to keep the entire group continuously motivated and interested, how to get people to join your team, etc.

If you’re going to sell it. That’s an entirely different story. Probably if you were to sell it, make sure you know the GE really well, therefore you don’t need a lot of help from others. Make the whole hierarchy centralized, with you possessing the entire content, while others just contribute parts of the content like characters, animations, textures, etc and you can just piece it all together. That way even if the person leaves, they’ll only have the files that they created, which they technically should have full ownership over, unless you bought it from them.

Jason Lin

So what do you do when someone joins, stays a while gets bored, or decides to start heir own game, and takes the models with them. LOL.

If you work on that basis, there is the possiblilty the game would never mature. Ever.

You would always be remaking the models the player left with, and faced with seeing your ideas in some one elses games!

So I ask the question how do you protect the assets everyone has created together. Literally from people all over the world.