What would be the best way to cut out this door?

What would be the best way to cut out the doors on this vehicle? The model hadn’t come with the doors already cut.

i would suggest to provide your blend file, because if it is textured, there might be easy workflows to do so.

Welcome :tada:

…this… is a tutorial not for blender… but you may have a look at the workflow showed in this part of the video serie and learn something … (added video position to show the first (!) result… he does refine this even further… !! ) :

1 Like

It’s not textured.

The intersect boolean edit comes to mind … https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/modeling/meshes/editing/face/intersect_boolean.html

In my experience, you want to make sure that both pieces of geometry contain plenty of nearby nodes: subdivide generously.

There also seems to now be a non-destructive “modifier,” although I’ve never tried it.

It seems to vary depending on the modeling status or purpose.

Simply, you can use Boolean and Bevel modifiers for modifications.
If it’s hard to solve or if you have a lot of problems with the above method, you have to edit the mesh yourself

It might work well to first use a modifier, until you get it just right, then “apply” it to make it real.