what's it called?

When you see something under water and it appears distorted in the animation and is there a tut on it?


It’s called refraction, I think.

Here’s a tutorial:

Distortion of the appearance of objects in water (or any transparent medium) is caused by refraction of the light passing through. There’s a tutorial here about refraction in Blender, although I’m not sure how old it is. I’m sure there are others, too, you might try a forum search.

There’s no tutorial there just a picture.


Oops… sorry. I pasted the wrong link. :o

Here’s the right one. Also, here’s a different one.