What's your favorite song/most hated song?

I’m way too bored right now, so I’ll ask this question: What’s your favorite and/or most hated songs? (Yeah, yeah, too many “'favorite/hated” threads, too few locks to lock me out with.)

Or, just CDs?

The best songs are:

1. Hanging By A Moment (Lifehouse?)
  2. Wherever You Go (The Calling)
  3. Anything by Vanessa Carlton or Michelle Branch (uh, did you not read what I just wrote? Seriously)
  4. There’s some stuff that I like, but you guys would flame me if I named it (Nsync)
  5. when Worlds Collide (Powerman 5000)
  6. Kick Me When I’m High (SR71, I think)
  7. Last One Standing (Triple Image)
  8. Seriously, there’s like 17,576 other songs I like, so I’ll shut up here (classical stuff, pop, etc.)
  9. Drops Of Jupiter (Train)
  10. “Bodies” and “Sinner” (Drowning Pool)

Worst:

Very few, but Lil’ Bow Wow seriously can’t be serious. He’s a freaking kid!

best CDs:

“Be Not Nobody” (Vanessa Carlton) and “The Spirit Room” (Michelle Branch)
“Drops Of Jupiter” (Train)
The rock soundtrack to “The Matrix” is just about the best thing about the film (various artists)

Worst:

Probably there’s something way worse out there, but “sinner” by Drowning Pool really has only 2 good songs, the rest I couldn’t really listen to. (Not saying much for them, i know)

At the moment my favourite group is CKY. You should listen to ‘96 Quite Bitter Beings’. Thats my all time favorite.

Top five best songs now.

1. Iced Earth - Something Wicked Triology
  2. In Flames - Zombie Inc.
  3. Iced Earth - Stormrider / The Path I Choose / Travel in Stygian (all from the same album, all three are equal good)
  4. Kreator - Lost
  5. Slayer - Angel of death (will always be on my list)

Superman By Goldfinger!!! 8)

I can’t think of specific songs but anything by:
-The Cranberries
-Tori Amos
-Ani Difranco
-The Weakerthans
-Vannessa Carlton :wink:
-Bond (they play classical(gooood))

Least favorite
…um not liking stuff just isn’t my style. 8)

1. Led Zeppelin - Kashmir (Best song EVER!)
  2. Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills
  3. Soundgarden - Jesus Christ Pose
  4. Pearl Jam - Elderly Woman Behind the COunter in a Small Town (Another great tune, but not as good as the ones above)
  5. Anything by Black Sabbath or Ozzy!! (insert sign of the devil here) :wink:

BgDM

Yep nice song! :smiley: but my favorite band is NOFX with their song:

-The Decline (a 18:21 minute song :o )
-Stiking in my eye
-Bob
-The Brews
-Six pack girl
-And alot more…but I’ll stop here :wink:

I really don’t like much but I do hate:
Boybands.
Stupid rappers like Lil Bow Wow, Aaron Carter, and Lil Romeo, i.e., stupid kids who sing like 10% of their songs and are only popular because of brothers or dads.
Vanessa Carlton is actually pretty good. Does she play piano in all of her songs? My roommate used to always play her songs.

Heres a brief summery of my musical interests:

Hate:
.Rap -This genre will die out soon…I hope. :x
.American POP -This genre offers nothing. Period. :x
.Country - Maybe 1 or 2 “okay” songs thats it. :-?

Love:
.Morrissey :smiley:
.Kate Bush :smiley:
.Cold Play :smiley:
.Classical Music -Like to listen to it sometimes. :slight_smile:
And many, many more.

1. Anything by Cake… I can sing along from start to finish on all 4 CDs.
  2. Anything with Duane Allman on slide
  3. Metallica and the SF Symphony, “The Call of Ktulu”… best song on that CD set, I think they only reason it never got radio play is because it doesn’t have any words.
  4. Anything Tears for Beers (cool band, Germans playing Irish Folk in the rock style… I found them on MP3.com)
  5. Gustav Holst, the Planets (A symphony. 7 compositions, one for each planet excluding Earth. Pluto hadn’t been discovered yet when this was written, 1910’s or 20’s, I think. “Mars, the Bringer of War” has been used in a few movies and computer games.)

Dislikes

1. Boy Bands (N*Suck, Backdoor Boys, etc.)
  2. Kids trying commercial music (Remember Hanson? Lil Bowwow, etc. One exception is that 14 year old girl that sings opera… she’s very good… but that’s kind of different. Worst of all is a kids CD I saw advertised with a bunch of kids singing modern pop songs… stuff by people like Breasty Spears and Christina Awearin’nothin’).
  3. Divas (Mariah Luney, Breasty Spears, etc…)
  4. Whatever dudes are, who are like divas (The Young Elgasias, Mark Anthony, etc.)
  5. Formula stuff (Bands created by record companies or TV shows)

Imp

Me likey:

Anything Nine Inch Nails
Anything Skinny Puppy / Ministry
And yes, Vanessa Carlton and Michele Branch are very good, so is Sheryl Crow sometimes… And Kate Bush… Laurie Andersson, Brian Eno, David Sylvian… umm… Röyksopp (yeah)… etcetera

Currently most hated song:

The Ketchup song - Las Ketchup (sp?)

I’ll frigging kill someone if I ever hear it again…

Hmm…

Me Like:

->Tool (especially their songs: 46&2, 4°, Sober, Stinkfist, Reflections, The Grudge.)
->Deftones (Roots, birthmark, bored, Engine #9 from “Adrenalin” album, teething, and the entire “Around the Fur” and “White Pony” album.)
->Korn (their first two albums only. Their later albums sucked)
->Mudvayne (almost the entire LD50 album)
->A Perfect Circle (entire almum…its a shame they’ve broken up…but thats only because Maynard wanted to concentrate on Tool…or so I hear).
->Faith No More - Evidence and Digging the Grave
->30 Seconds to Mars (Capricorn, Fallen, Oblivion, End of the Beginning)
->311 (Beautiful Disaster, Down)
-> Sneaker Pimps - Six Underground
->Foo Fighters (almost all their songs)
->N.E.R.D (So far I like ‘Am I High’ and ‘Rockstar’)
Theres a tonne more of music i like, i just put down the ones i remember off the bat.

Me not Like:
->Almost anything that has Rap (what the…is that genre even music!? All it is, is just a bunch of people talking about how much punane they get (excuse my language) and how many times they got shot…but i digress…) Mind you, there are a few exceptions.
->Boybands (as they’d like you to think them as).
->Songs featuring screaming cats and shouting whales (supposed Divas).
->All J-lo songs
->Almost anything cliche about songs (songs based around “oh baby i love you” or “why oh why me?” or “i hate everything” and most of all “I’ll do anything for you” etc, etc.)

The Ketchup song - Las Ketchup (sp?)

I’ll frigging kill someone if I ever hear it again…

Who the hell comes up with crap like the ketcup song!?

I think I’ll shutup and scat now…

Favorite Songs:

1. Blitzkrieg Bop (The Ramones)
  2. Temple Of Love (Sisters Of Mercy) the original version,not the '92 version w/ Ofra Haza
  3. Blitzkrieg Bop (The Ramones)
  4. Rudi,A Message To You (The Specials)
  5. Blitzkrieg Bop (The Ramones)
  6. Ace Of Spades (Motörhead)
  7. Blitzkrieg Bop (The Ramones)
  8. Train In Vain (The Clash) Best Pop Song ever!
  9. Gänseblümchen (United Balls)
  10. Mickey Mouse In Moscow (The Busters)

Well Punkrock, Metal, Ska & Indie. That’s My Music.
Can’t tell you what I don’t like, cause I don’t listen to that s§$% on the radio or MTV
:wink:

1. ANYTHING from Les Miserables (Except the International Symphonic Version trying to sing “ONE DAY MORE”, where they seriously messed up)
  2. Anything Tannahill Weavers that is NOT instrumental (They’ve got some good lyrics)
  3. Anything Bardic
  4. Anything from the Brobdingnogian Bards (www.thebards.net)
  5. Spiorad Beatha’s a wonderful album, especially the Two Waulking Songs
  6. “An Fideag Airgid” as sung by nearly anyone (Except the Moors)
  7. “Maggie Lauder” as sung by anyone (except emerald rose)
  8. Anything from the French version of Les Mis (INCLUDING the original concept version)
  9. Loreena McKennitt’s “The Highwayman” or “The Bonny Swans” (2 favourite laments)
  10. “Lillibulero” (If anyone finds a version with the original lyrics, LEMME KNOW!!!)
  11. “GREENSLEEVES” any version EXCEPT that stupid one re-written for christmas called “what child is this”
  12. Any song about Charlie (Charles Edward Stuart) and the stuart era EXCEPT the “Massacre of Glencoe”
  13. Folkish music, i.e. Corries, Tommy Makem, Clancy Bros, etc…

I know, a bit odd, but I’m entitled to an opinion.

Ah sisters of mercy! I used to always listen to their song “Marion” ->sp?

my fav group for a long time was Autechre, they make computerynoise music that somehow is heavily emotionaly loaded.
I’m up for dub, punk, noise, hiphop, jazz, blues, soul, DnB, ambient, classical, rock “old” and new. Folk music of various cultures.
Come to think of it no mater the music there is usually something to enjoy in it, some angle to find interesting.
I’ll even sing along to boybands with my girlfriends 12yo sister.

One thing I don’t like is hearing the same music over and over again.
In my old workplace a girl would play roxette everyday ah drove me f***in nuts. Bad for the soul.

Cool, I’ll have to check those out. The only songs I’ve heard from her are “The Mummer’s Dance” and “The Mystic’s Dream”. I really like them, but haven’t gotten around to any of her other music. (Heard the other two because Art Bell uses them as bumper music).

Imp

I can’t believe that only one person said TOOL, Deftones or a Perfect Circle.
those are some of the best bands there. Of course that is only my opinion…
but then my opinion is right.

Boy bands “shudder” I think that’s all I need to say about them.

Unfortunately I find my self liking some Rap but I will
have to live with that.

I really only replied to say LISTEN to TOOL 8)

What’s wrong with “The Ketchup Song?” (Yes, “Las Ketchup” is spelled correctly.) Sure, it’d help if I knew Spanish, but what’s wrong with it? It seems to have been made by kids. That explains why it’s so bad in your ears: Kids really don’t know much about music. However, that’s pretty good for kids. The same goes for Triple Image’s “Last One Standing.”

Well, following that logic, Lil Bow Wow and Aaron Carter wouldnt be that bad. :o

Well, following that logic, Lil Bow Wow and Aaron Carter wouldnt be that bad. :o[/quote]

No, I was referring to how those songs are pretty good for kids. even for kids, Lil Doggy and Aaron Suckit desperately need to learn about music.