When I press "P"....

ok, I downloaded blender 3.1 and I have windows vista. I’m following the tutorials and it sais to press “p” to pretty much test your game, right? So I press it and i get a grey screen unless it’s in textured mode, then it’s blue. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it my laptop? Thanks in advance for your help.

the current version of blender is 2.49a, so i dunno what u have, because blender 3.1 is not gonna be around for a while. assuming that u meant blender 2.49, yes, thats whats supposed to happen. you entered the Game Engine. unless u have something in the scene for the engine to act upon, u wont get anything but a grey/blue screen

Sorry, yeah I have 2.49, but I followed the tutorial like it said… I have that default cube… shouldn’t I see that when I start the game? In the tutorial it shows the cube in a lighter shade of grey, almost white. I’m terribly new at this and I would apreciate any help I could get. Thanks in advance.

can u post a link to the tutorial? I’ll take a look at it.

make sure you have your viewport pointed at the cube, and put a light in your scene otherwise the cube will be a black silhouette. It’s probably best to have a camera to make sure your view is pointed correctly. Also, it’s possible your normals are reversed. Reverse normals will not show in the game engine.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Tutorials/Game_Engine/BSoD/Basics_of_the_Blender_UI
This is the tutorial Im using… I’m up to the part where I’m doing the sensors controllers and actuators. It sais that I would see the cube move… but its not even there to begin with so… yeah, please help me so I can move to the next step.