When the game lags, what does it cut back?

Yes but - python can’t use GPU, python executes sequentially… Unless you know I really can use C++ outside of BGE say.

Yes your neurons self-ignite after periods. There’s also thinking. But yep, a recognition is done fast right as you see something. Our brains actually have a speed that is not to fast and not too slow. Of course, with responsibility and great power, seeing at lightspeed would give me trillions of years per day. That can only be used once you’re an adult. Babies born like that couldn’t learn. So me, now, given that brain change, would have great power and adance all, in 1 day.

there is a lot more exciting information on the websight i posted for you today.you should take a look.
Here is what you can use.https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?176803-Python-Extension-in-C-with-BGE

In that case almost all my wories are gone about BGE lol.

Is there anything I’m missing?

BGE can give me a realistic Cycles render after outputting a BGE animation.
BGE gives me the almost same physics of Cycles mode has.
BGE has same object stuff ex. IK/cameras/constraints.
BGE has code functionality, won’t lag at all, and a changing fps is ok I guess when outputting a BGE animation AND when running AI code?
BGE gives me real-time & interactivity, like Cycles can give me in its viewport.

So not going with UE4 or V-Rep, am I missing anything? I’ll have a HD movie of my AI baby, made in the “horrible BGE”, amazing everyone lolz. Can I use the images from cameras in its eyes in my code? And can I add a accelo-meter? (sensors)

the bge does lag when the meshes are too high poly.low poly is fine.

Yes I’ll have a safe amount of mesh. I meant no lag if using C++ for my AI algorithm.

So is post #23 correct?..

i don’t know never used c++.

Can I call out to C/C++/other from Cycles not BGE? Is there an existing extension for that?

Anyone know?

If you’re writing an AI, you’re probably going to have to do some:

1. Original coding
  2. Research

At’em

Yes, but I want to know, if I’m in Cycles and don’t go BGE, and my AI needs “GPU”, can I, during the simulation (no BGE), call outside of Blender to a external C++ compiler to do GPU, then return results back to my running Blender simulation? The 2nd reply at the top of this page says you can do so in BGE, but what about if I go Cycles?

You can ask on blender stack exchange websight?

I started a thread about it in the programming board on Blender Artists:

post a another post on the link.

But it works…
Ok here: https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?435338-Blender-project-needs-C-C
If that no work then just look at the top of the Python Support board on the forum.
OR remove the space https:// blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?435338-Blender-project-needs-C-C

Also sdfgeoff, um, you clearly state in your own thread that lag will indeed cut code (logic). Why did you tell us it doesn’t?? You say your “button presses” were getting lost in your RTS game. That is not good for the BGE, unless, I can use GPU PLs. For that question, head on up to the above thread ^. Everyone jump in.
https://blenderartists.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-410580.html

It does not cut code. What it can do is run it less frequently. But by default, it doesn’t. By default it cuts out rendering.
Running less frequently is not “cutting out code.” It will still run every line of code/every logic brick you write.

As for using C/C++ inside the viewport, yeah, I don’t see why not. It’s no different to using it anywhere else. If you’re going that far, dive into the blender source. It is open source, so there’s no reason why you can’t just grab a copy and start playing.

One what thread did I mention button presses getting lost?

In that thread you started, near the bottom of your thread. You can find it in post #34 just above.

Seeing what you say now and what you say in your old thread, I’m guessing my code would slide to later frames, and my AI would say “hey I see a cat” …20 minutes later. That is not good… I need to know the exact answers on this.

The only way to fix this is GPU. Hence, in post #34, go to the first link too, to my latest thread about C/C++ use in Blender. I want to use GPU for my AI whether its in BGE or Cycles. Need GPU power.

What about UPBGE’s TimeScale parameter? Does that allow slowing the simulation so it has the time to compute around?

Ahh, didn’t see that link. The system in discussion was actually rather more, well, strange than an RTS, so I used an RTS as an example. The RTS I did make did not suffer significant performance issues (most of the time).
The reason it missed inputs is relating to how SDL was handled. In UPBGE, the event handling system has been redone slightly to prevent this happening in future.

If it takes 20 minutes to recognise a car, then it takes 20 minutes to recognise a car. And it’s up to you to configure how your program responds to that time. If you set these parameters to 1, then it will always do logic -> physics -> render

I need to know the exact answers on this.

If you need them to be exact, don’t trust answers from a guy on the web, go and run some tests.

i think what your trying to do may be out of the scope of a game engine. game engines like to do lots of faking, guessing, and cheating to get things running as fast as possible.

what i think you need is a robotics simulator, or to just venture into these rough waters and discover for yourself.

im not saying its impossible, its just something that isnt common.

btw, the bge can be told to explicitly wait one logic step for every physics step for every render step. thats how i have mine setup and its super smooth and stable at 60 fps. it even works perfectly lower or higher, it will just time stretch like a video.

But with GPU it won’t take 20 minutes to recognise a car. It can be one trillionth of a second if optical computation is used. Blender’s Python is sequential. By the time it recognises a car, the baby would have crawled a mile.

Code isn’t cut - good. But will it continue on to the next frames before finishing a frames code?

But will it continue on to the next frames before finishing a frames code?

No, it is sequential.